Malory's career is threatened when a sex tape falls into the hands of a rogue (and roguish) Cuban agent, and upon realizing his sexual preferences (strictly forbidden by the homophobic Cuban dictator, Fidel Castro) she calls on Archers expertise in seduction to turn the tables on her blackmailer.
This episode provides examples of:
- Armoured Closet Gay: Ramon Limon is this with regards to the Cuban government he works for, as Fidel Castro hates gays.
- Camp Gay: Archer's first stab at passing himself off as gay is this.Charles: You, like, sneeze glitter!
- Comically Missing the Point: Nikolai Jakov gushing about the quality of the hi-def cameras that the KGB used to record his fling with Malory, as she is ranting about being blackmailed and at risk of being charged with treason.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Archer and Ramon hit it off over their shared problem with their My Beloved Smothers and being shot at by Charles and Rudi.
- Honey Trap: Archer's assignment is to seduce a gay Cuban agent in possession of a video recording of Malory having sex with Nikolai Jakov, the head of the KGB. Which might itself have been a Honey Trap, since Jakov had his people film the encounter and he subsequently tries to persuade Malory to defect to Russia.
- Incompatible Orientation: Archer is supposed to seduce a male enemy agent, something he is not at all enthusiastic about. Needless to say his pickup attempts are even more heavy-handed than usual. Which is lampshaded in the episode when Charles and Rudi try to coach Archer to act just the same as he does when picking up women.Woodhouse: I believe he means before you lure them into the apartment.
- Overly Stereotypical Disguise: Being the bigoted idiot that he is, Archer tries to seduce Ramon by dying his hair blond and wearing a skin-tight "Got dick?" shirt.