Sora Log is a 2008 Shoujo manga series by Kako Mitsuki.
Hikaru Minami loves the sky and is a part of Higashi High School's astronomy club. During school, she has a chance encounter with infamous fellow student Asou Minato, nicknamed "the bad king of bad rumors" and a delinquent who has bleached hair and rumored to have been violent in middle school and had to go to reform school. Due to this, students and teachers alike are distrustful and intimidated by him. However, Hikaru is drawn to Asou after hearing a bell that he often carries with him and soon wants to get to know him and befriend him. Others attempt to dissuade Hikaru from having anything to do with Asou, as they think he will have a bad influence on her, but Hikaru wants to believe in the Asou that she sees and knows that he's not a bad person.
Hikaru learns that behind his dangerous appearance, Asou is a kind person and as Asou begins to warm up to Hikaru, they gradually become closer. However, Hikaru's older brother Yui believes that Asou shouldn't be anywhere near Hikaru because Asou might indirectly trigger a traumatic memory that Hikaru has long repressed from childhood and Yui would rather her not remember it, and Asou's sister-in-law Shizuka Asahina doesn't take kindly to the progress of Hikaru's and Asou's growing relationship and seeks to sabotage them so Asou can return to the world of music and progress his skills as a pianist.
This series contains the following tropes:
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Averted. Hikaru cares little for the malicious slander surrounding Asou and is attracted to his kind heart.
- Failure Knight: Asou indicates that the reason why he was provoked into a fight when Hikaru was threatened is because a long time ago, he failed to protect someone important to him and didn't want to lose Hikaru as well.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Hikaru assumes that Asou is in love with Shizuka, so she wants him to be happy as long as she can still love him from afar. This isn't the case as it turns out that Shizuka is Asou's sister-in-law.
- Ill Girl: Hikaru is said to have a frail body and was often hospitalized in her childhood.
- In-Series Nickname: Yui is called "Brother Bear."
- Last-Second Chance: In Chapter 8, Asou chillingly warns Shizuka not to hurt Hikaru, as he will not forgive her "a second time."
- Locked Out of the Loop: There is a memory that Hikaru repressed when she was four-years-old because it was a traumatic experience for her. Because of this, Yui wants Asou to stay away from Hikaru, as the sound of a bell and piano playing resemblances sounds heard her experience and can trigger the memory that Hikaru has long been unable to remember.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: Yui is very protective of Hikaru, to the extent that Hikaru's friends jokingly say that if Hikaru ever got a boyfriend, Yui would kill him. It's to the point that rumors spread that they were a couple until it died down. Played straight in Chapter 5 when Yui specifically tells Hikaru that Asou is the only person that he doesn't want her to be with.
- Parental Abandonment: Asou's parents are both musicians, so they would often be away, leaving Asou to learn how to cook for himself. They are currently divorced, and his father is living overseas. Due to unknown circumstances, Asou goes by his mother's maiden name "Minato" rather than his family's surname "Asahina."
- Past Experience Nightmare: Hikaru has a few occasions where she dreams bits and pieces of the memory when she was four-years-old, but there is nothing significant pertaining to the tragedy of the incident other than going to see the stars with her brother and hearing the sound of a bell.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Due to his parents constantly being away from he was a child, Asou has learned how to cook and clean for himself... and for his Uncle Taku, who does more harm than good when he offers to help Asou with chores.
- Relationship Sabotage: Yui and Shizuka decide to help each other in trying to sabotage Hikaru's and Asou's new found relationship. The former wishes to do this to protect Hikaru and to have her not remember her traumatic memory, and the latter wishes to return the gifted pianist Asou to world of music rather than for him to be tied down in a regular world by a mere girl.
- Trauma-Induced Amnesia: Hikaru cannot remember a single thing from when she was four-years-old, as something traumatic to her happened around that same time that caused her to repress the memory. The memory in question can be triggered by things that she experienced in the memory, such as hearing a bell or the sound of a piano playing.