Have you ever tried to buy them without any money?
Tropes about coins and paper currency itself.
- Cheap Gold Coins
- Clamshell Currency
- Counterfeit Cash
- Energy Economy
- Fictional Currency
- Foreign Money Is Proof of Guilt
- Global Currency
- Global Currency Exception
- Hear Me the Money
- Inflation Negation
- Practical Currency
- Rare Money
- Ridiculous Exchange Rates
- Ridiculous Future Inflation: In the future, everything will be much more expensive.
- Solid Gold Poop
- Stage Money
- Tasty Gold: Someone bites into a gold coin to see if it is real.
- Treasure Room
- We Will Spend Credits in the Future
- Weird Currency
- Worthless Yellow Rocks: A culture who believe that money, gold, baubles and the like do not have any real value.
- Zillion-Dollar Bill: Currency gets printed with larger values than you would ordinarily expect to see; usually a result of Ridiculous Future Inflation, but not always.