All spoilers for Ultraman Orb are unmarked. You Have Been Warned!
Ultraman Orb the Movie: Lend Me the Power of Bonds! is a 2017 film made by Tsuburaya Productions and directed by Kiyotaka Taguchi for the Ultra Series. It serves as the film adaptation of Ultraman Orb. The movie will be released on 11 March 2017 in celebration of the 50th anniversary of Ultraseven, in which the titular hero himself and his son Ultraman Zero appear as guest stars.
One day, a strange object appeares at the SSP's office. It is revealed to be the X Devizer, the transformation item which inhabited by Ultraman X. Having separated from his host Daichi Ozora, X seeks the help of SSP and Gai, who returned from his wandering, in search for his human host. Unknown to X, however, this brings the threat of a new enemy.
The main villain of the movie, the space sorceress Mulnau, appears in possession of the Dark Ring. With the desire to transform whatever pretty thing she fancies into something for her personal collection, she has already captured Ultraman Ginga and Ultraman Victory and starts targeting the Earth as her next destination. Things getting complicated with the return of Jugglus Juggler, Gai's Arch-Enemy, who continues his scheming ways from behind the scenes again. Thanks to Mulnau's personal alien army, X is finally captured and added to her personal collection.
Now Orb must rescue the new generation of Ultra Warriors and master the power of bonds, as the battle for Earth has begun!
Ultraman Orb The Movie provides examples of the following tropes:
- All Your Powers Combined: As you expected from Orb himself. However, this movie introduces a Trinity Fusion which requires three different Ultra Warriors instead of two.
- Affably Evil: Alien Gapiya Sadeath is a Boisterous Bruiser who almost acts Keet around a strong opponent and seems to purely want to battle the heroes for the fun of it.
- Badass in Distress: Ultraman Ginga, Ultraman Victory and Ultraman X are placed in this position after being captured by Mulnau and added to her personal collection. Now it's up to Gai/Orb to rescue these new generation, Spark Doll-using Ultra Warriors before it's too late.
- During the major brawl near the end of the movie, Ultra Seven notices Orb and company putting up one hell of a fight against Mulnau's goons and losing. He motivates Orb and then joins the fight himself to put things in order.
- Big Bad: Mulnau serves as the upcoming villain in this movie.
- Co-Dragons: Alien Guts Doppel, Alien Temperor Batista, Alien Hipporito Callisto and Alien Gapia Sadeath are working as Mulnau's elite subordinates, along with the returning Jugglus Juggler.
- Crossover: With Ultraman X and Ultraseven.
- Fake Defector Juggler joins Mulunau's personal army simply to give SSP and Gai an edge against Mulunau.
- He's Back!: Dan Moroboshi regains his ability to become Ultra Seven during the events of the movie.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: Juggler's motivation for helping SSP and Gai.
- The Worf Effect: Juggler is subjected to this.. After getting his very own Fusion Up scene for his transformation into Zeppandon,note including the SSP cheering for HIM too.....he lasts less than two minutes before being overwhelmed by Mulnau's goons and rendered unconscious.
- To a lesser extent, Orb Trinity is hit with this, too. Trinity manages to keep up with Sadeath, only to be immediately set upon by four Kaiju at once when the SSP are held hostage by an enemy. After getting hit by a joint-attack by Sadeath and Deavorick, it takes the arrival of Ultraseven to snap him back into fighting form.
- Worf Had the Flu: Juggler is implied to be weakened because using an Artifact of Doom specifically meant for evil people for good doesn't work quite as well.
- Waxing Lyrical: When Ultra Seven joins the fray, his allies accidentally wax lyrical to Seven's own theme song with Mulnau herself providing the iconic, "Seven! Seven! Seven!" while angrily pounding her throne's arms over his appearance.Ultraman Orb: You are...Alien Guts: Seven?!Ultraman X: Seven?Ultraman Ginga: Seven!Ultraman Victory: Seven..Mulnau: Seven! Seven! SEVEN!