Little Boy is a 2015 film produced by Metanoia Films and set in World War II. It was produced by Eduardo Verástegui and directed by Alejandro Monteverde.
Pepper Flynt Busbee is a dwarf child. He is so close to his father, but since Pepper's brother London (David Henrie) is unfit for military service for his flat feet, Pepper and London's father goes to the war.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Both Pepper and Hashimoto have been despised by the town: Pepper for his dwarfism and Hashimoto for being Japanese.
- Badass Beard: Ben Eagle has a cool beard and is a powerful magician, in the show at least.
- Confessional: Emma Busbee leads his son Pepper to confess his vandalism to Hashimoto.
- Creator Cameo: Eduardo Verástegui, the producer of this film, appears as Fr. Crispin, partially bald and beardless.
- David Versus Goliath: Hashimoto tells Pepper a story similar to David and Goliath but in Japan. Pepper himself stands up against his bullies and hits them with his handbag.
- Deliberate Values Dissonance: There was a great anti-japanese feeling at the era, but it is clear the creators of the film do not support it.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: James Busbee survived the war.
- Fan Disservice: There are many underdressed men... in a very hard conflict.
- Good Parents: Both of the Busbees care for their children.
- Good Shepherd: Fr. Oliver and Fr. Crispin are kindhearted priests. Fr. Oliver motivated Pepper to do the acts of mercy, gets that Pepper and Hashimoto bury the hatchet and treats Hashimoto kindly despite the latter's atheism and Japanese race.
- Handbag of Hurt: Pepper hurts one of his bullies with his (metalic) handbag.
- Intergenerational Friendship: The young Pepper and the old Hashimoto become friends during the film.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Hashimoto discourages Fr. Oliver from giving the child false hopes.
- Mind over Matter: Ben Eagle is a stage magician with that on-stage superpower. Pepper doesn't really have these powers, but stands as though he had to prove he has faith that his father would return.
- Misunderstood Loner with a Heart of Gold: Hashimoto is somewhat bitter but a good person, is just that he is discriminated for being Japanese.
- Mood Whiplash: Pepper thinks he has used his powers to end the war. This makes him overjoyed and he rides own the street in elation. Cut to him watching a newsreel of the Hiroshima bombing, now horrified at what he thinks he's done.
- Protagonist Title: "Little Boy" is the rude nickname the bullies put Pepper.