Killer Workout (originally titled Aerobicide) is a 1987 American slasher film written and directed by David A. Prior. It stars Marcia Karr, David James Campbell, Fritz Matthews, Ted Prior, and Teresa Van der Woude.
A young model is burned in a tanning salon accident. Five years later, people at a fitness club owned by Rhonda (Marcia Karr) in Los Angeles are being murdered by a mysterious killer who uses a large safety pin. It is up to Detective Morgan (David James Campbell) to solve the mystery and stop the killer.
- The Bad Guy Wins: At the end of the film Rhonda/Valerie has killed Jimmy and framed him for the murders; killed Lt. Morgan who was the only person who suspected her; and shows every sign of being about to start up her killings again.
- Black Dude Dies First: Rachael, the killer's first victim, is the only black character in the movie.
- Car Fu: Jimmy runs Chuck down with his car before stabbing him with an icepick.
- Dead Man Honking: The killer stabs one of the girl vandals through the roof of her car. When the knife is pulled out, she falls forward and her forehead plants on the horn.
- Dead Man's Chest: The body of Rachael, the first victim, is stuffed into a locker in the female change room, where it later falls out as a Peek-a-Boo Corpse: terrifying Jaimy.
- Gardening-Variety Weapon: During the fight between Jimmy and Chuck in Rhonda's yard, Chuck grabs a rake that eventually winds up being used as a weapon by both of them. Chuck eventually sinks the tines of the rake into Jimmy's leg.
- Hand of Death: Combined with Murderer P.O.V. to conceal the killer's identity.
- Improbable Weapon User: The killer's preferred weapon is a giant safety pin.
- Killer Cop: Near end of the film, Lt. Morgan is convinced that he knows who the killer is, but also knows he will probably never have enough evidence to convict, so he decides to play Judge, Jury, and Executioner and just kill them out of hand.
- Murderer P.O.V.: To conceal the identity of the killer, most of the deaths are shot via actual P.O.V. Cam from the killer's perspective.
- Neck Lift: In Jimmy's dream, his doppelganger hoists him up by his neck and is about to stab him when Lt. Morgan wakes him up.
- Out with a Bang: While unconscious, Jimmy has a dream where Jaimy starts having sex with him, and then has her throat slit the killer.
- Peek-a-Boo Corpse: Jaimy gets a Jump Scare from a fake arm someone has hidden in her locker as a gag. Just as she is recovering from this, the locker next to hers falls open and Rachael's corpse tumbles out.
- Rage Against the Reflection: When the body count is mounting and everything is unraveling, Rhonda takes a moment to fix her hair and makeup. She surveys the results in a hand mirror, and then angrily hurls the mirror away, where it smashes. This is because she is really Valerie and knows that all of her beauty is false. The makeup covers residual scarring on her face, and the hair is a wig to disguise the fact she is bald because of the tanning bed accident.
- Sauna of Death: Valerie is seemingly burned to death when a tanning bed malfunctions.
- Sexy Coat Flashing: Debbie leaves Chuck in the yard and goes inside to change out of her workout outfit. She comes back out wearing a long coat and, when Chuck says he has to get back to the cub, she persuades him to stay by shrugging off the coat to reveal a bikini.
- Shovel Strike: At the end of the movie, Lt. Morgan is planning to execute Rhonda and bury her body. However, while he is monologuing, she grabs the shovel and hits him with it.
- Shower Scene: Rachael, the killer's first victim, is stabbed to death while taking a shower.
- Slasher Smile: Rhonda flashes one to the camera as she holds up the giant safety pin at the end of the movie.
- Stalker Shrine: When Chuck breaks into Jimmy's house, he discovers that Jimmy has an entire wall of photos of Rhonda.
- Super Window Jump: After the killer murders Denise, they make a running jump through her window, drop two stories to the ground, roll, then get up and run away as if nothing had happened.
- Trapped In a Tanning Bed: Valerie is seemingly burned to death when a tanning bed malfunctions. She returns five years later to extract vengeance against the club where it happened.
- Workout Fanservice: The film is set in a health club and features multiple aerobics classes that have been choreographed like lap dances, and features close-ups on the butts and breasts of the fit young women in skintight aerobic outfits.