You're the President's daughter, and as such you have had some amazing experiences. Travelling the country in Air Force One (thankfully not that Air Force One), living in that fabulous house, touring along the campaign trail, attending posh schools and universities. Of course along with the benefits of your Daddy's post come the trials of life in the public spotlight.
Enter Anna (Moore), the beloved only child of the POTUS, whose only desire is to head out with her bestie for a bit of a road trip across Europe. She and her father come to a compromise, and she is allowed one evening without a Secret Service detail. When Anna discovers that her father, El Presidente, didn't keep his end of the bargain, or his goons out of her life for the evening, she hatches a plan to get back at him.
Thus begins the story of a girl, her father, and the trip that changed their relationship forever... Oh, and there's a romance in there somewhere.
This film contains examples of:
- Anguished Declaration of Love
- Bodyguard Crush
- Ditch the Bodyguards: The basis of the entire film.
- Fake-Out Make-Out: Ben does this to Anna on a gondola to stop the Secret Service agents from seeing them.
- Honey Trap: Gender-switched and inverted: The rebellious guy, Ben, that Anna ran into and ran off with after ditching her guards is in fact a Secret Service agent set up as bait to keep her out of trouble.
- Is This Thing On?: Inverted. A Secret Service agent, towards the end of a phone call with the President, proceeds to say that this was one of the stupidest plans he'd ever seen anyone come up with. Then informs his partner, who is staring at him aghast, that the President hung up about a minute earlier.
- Modesty Bedsheet: Anna does this twice with Ben.
- Pair the Spares: The Secret Service agents eventually find love in each other.
- Road Trip Romance
- Separated by a Common Language: In London, Anna doesn't understand the phrase "Tele's broke, and there's no lift" before it's translated: "Television's broken, elevator: none."
- Under Cover Cop Reveal: Anna eventually figures out that the guy she's been hanging out with while on the run from her bodyguards is in fact an undercover Secret Service agent, specifically set up as bait for her if she tried to run off.
- Verbing Nouny