At a party, someone goes insane and murders three women. Falsely accused of the brutal killings, Jerry Zipkin (played by Zalman King) is on the run. More bizarre killings continue with alarming frequency all over town. Trying to clear his name, Jerry discovers the shocking truth: people are losing their hair and turning into violent psychopaths, the connection may be a strange form of LSD called Blue Sunshine all the murderers took a decade before, and an up-and-coming politician (played by Mark Goddard from Lost in Space) is in the middle of it.
This film has the examples of:
- Bald Women: One of the Blue Sunshine users.
- Cigarette of Anxiety: Constantly smoked by Jerry's surgeon friend.
- Clear My Name: Jerry kills two deranged killers in self-defense, but is unable to prove it wasn't murder.
- Mistaken for Junkie: Jerry assumes that his friend, a surgeon, is on Blue Sunshine because of his erratic behavior and hair loss, but it's actually just caused by the stress of his job.
- Prematurely Bald: A side-effect of the drug.
- Psycho Serum: When the users go psycho, they fly into an Unstoppable Rage