At a maximum security prison built in Antarctica to house the world's worst criminals, construction workers accidentally stumble upon a prehistoric subterranean world and release a deadly giant boa constrictor.
This film provides examples of:
- The Alcatraz: It's set in an Alcatraz-type prison built in Antarctica to make escape impossible, then sent the most notorious international criminals and terrorists there. Then they had the great idea of digging into a prehistoric Lost World so a giant killer snake gets into the place.
- Covers Always Lie: It was repackaged and sold under the title New Alcatraz, with the DVD box being rather coy about the fact that it is actually a killer snake Syfy Channel Original Movie.
- Disney Villain Death: In the climax, the snake manages to hitch a ride on the cargo plane boarded by the remaining survivors; they eventually manage to throw it out of the plane and send it plummeting to its doom, but not before dragging the last surviving inmate (a Russian terrorist) with it.
- Dug Too Deep: Reckless drilling into the Antarctic ice sheet releases a Lost World containing a giant boa constrictor.
- Eerie Arctic Research Station: An inescapable prison is built in Antarctica to house the world's toughest criminals, but it also doubles as a research station. Pretty soon after the first batch of prisoners arrives, researchers Dug Too Deep and stumbled into a prehistoric Hollow Earth. Unfortunately for them, a giant boa immediately escapes and starts picking off the Dwindling Party.
- Enemy Mine: As the giant prehistoric snake starts rampaging through the facility, the scientists and prison staff are forced to cooperate with the inmates to escape.
- Hot Scientist: Robert Trenton, a paleontologist played by hunky Dean Cain.
- Mysterious Antarctica: Construction workers digging an inescapable prison at the South Pole come across a giant prehistoric snake preserved in nitrogen.
- Scary Animal Title: Boa.
- Swallowed Whole: Most of the giant Boa's victims are swallowed in one gulp.