Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius is a 2004 American biographical film directed by Rowdy Herrington that explores the life and rise to fame of golfer Bobby Jones (Jim Caviezel). Jones was the only one in the sport to win all four major golf championship in a single season (1930).
The film also stars Claire Forlani, Jeremy Northam, Malcolm McDowell, and Aidan Quinn.
It was released on April 30, 2004.
Tropes for the film:
- Anachronic Order: The film first starts in 1936 at the Berlin Olympics, then after the end of World War I, then in the 1920s, and then back to the 1930s.
- Character Title: Bobby Jones.
- Historical Domain Character:
- Bobby Jones, who was an American amateur golfer who won all the major tournaments in a single season.
- Walter Hagen, professional golfer.
- Stewart Maiden, Bobby's mentor in golf.
- Period Piece: Takes place in 1920s-1930s.
- The Roaring '20s: Most of the film takes place through the 1920s.