Proof that the 10% are worth getting slain by Goblins.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Goblin Slayer related fanfiction, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be cut in half by a water pressure cannon shot from a teleporting scroll. Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Remember to warn for common triggers.
Add new examples at the bottom of the section, please.
- Recommended by: Knight Spark
- Status: Ongoing
- Synopsis: How does it go? A horde of goblins attack a nearby village, kill most of the villagers and take the women? Then later on, a group of newbie adventures try to get them back, only to get slaughtered in the process? Now, what if priestess' original group didn't have to die that day? What if they had one more person to steam the tides long enough? Well, this is that story.
- Comments: Judging from the main character's attire and language, it would be easy to mistake this for an isekai genre fic, but it isn't like that. More to the point, this AU is excellent so far and Stoss is a very likeable character. His experience on actual battlefields prove to be invaulable to the party, especially in the beginning where their immediately get into trouble with the goblins. Luckily, the young trooper assists them long enough until everyone's favorite armored menace appears to assist them. This fic contains all the dark drama that goes on in the original story, but has some humorous moments to lighten the mood. I highly reccommend reading this for sure.
- Recommended by: Mr Terrorist
- Crossover with: Re:Monster, DOOM (2016), Warhammer StarWars and Predator
- Status: Ongoing
- Synopsis: What if Priestess' original party went on their first quest with Goblin Slayer? How will this 5 man party affect cannon? Knowing Goblin Slayer, he'll use the cannon to slay goblins.
- Comments: In this Alternate Universe fanfic, Goblin Slayer accompanies Priestess' original party in their first quest, ensuring they survive and gained experience fighting goblins. Not only that, this leads to a series of events that leads to the creation of the Slayer Army, an army dedicated to the extermination of goblins which also attracts the attention of powerful forces. The story also combine elements of other franchises like Rou from Re:Monster being the leader of a Goblin horde and Dwarf Shaman has a behavior of a Warhammer Dwarf. Despite the unique premise, the fanfics suffers from a lot of typos and you don't learn which new character is based from another popular franchise until the author explains it. Nevertheless, it's still a good read.
- Recommended by: VictorioMWolff-Haddock, nitewind
- Crossover with: Red Dead Redemption II
- Status: Ongoing
- Synopsis: Arthur Morgan got his redemption at the end, or at least something that made it all worth it to him. But it seems God wants to give him another chance. Now, Arthur has to figure out if he really did learn from the sins of his past to help better a future for a world unknown.
- Comments: After the rundown, friendships & tragedies of his lifetime, Arthur Morgan expecting a afterlife in Hell for every misdeeds he's done...only for him to get awakened in Goblin Slayer's world, and been told by someone/thing who, as Arthur put it, "workin' for the big man", that he gets a second chance, a redemption, by using his skills to aid this world. With guns & rifles using energy instead of bullets, fake name of "Gunslinger", and a aid of steel-armored warrior who hell-bent for goblin's extinction, Arthur morgan shall step into & mend this broken world, one shot at a time. Now has a tropes page.