- All-Star Cast: It has quite a few of big names in its cast such as Yui Ogura, Nao Touyama, Yuuichi Nakamura and Tomokazu Sugita, just to name a few.
- Fan Nickname: Most characters have their epithets abbreviated when brought up in casual discussion, especially on Imageboards.
- The majority of them have their titles rendered as initials (e.g. Goblin Slayer is "GS", Cow Girl is "CG", Guild Girl is "GG", Sword Maiden is "SM", etc.)
- Some non-human characters are referred to simply by their race (e.g. High Elf Archer is almost always just called "elf", Dwarf Shaman is "dwarf", etc.)
- A few of the side characters get jokingly called by the name of the character their design is taken from: (e.g. Heavy Warrior is "Guts", Chosen Heroine is referred to as "Haruhi", Sword Maiden is "YoRHa 2B", etc.)
- Lizard Priest stands out for being granted a full-on Affectionate Nickname, "Lizardbro", for being both the strongest and the most personable member of the main party.
- High Elf Archer is stuck with Dwarf Shaman's name for her: "Anvil".
- I Knew It!: When the Animated Adaptation leapt forward into the events of Water Town from Volume 2 in the midst of the season, fans of the series deduced the climax from Volume 1 would be saved until the last couple of episodes, citing a more narrative-driven Story Arc. This turns out to be true as the end of Episode 10 is a Foreshadowing of a massive goblin horde at the edge of Cow Girl's farm.
- Playing Against Type
- A big one for Brad Hawkins, for his previous role as Trey and Ryan in Power Rangers Zeo and VR Troopers, both of which feature him in good guy roles. He's Goblin Slayer, a pragmatic Anti-Hero who has no qualms on taking on the eponymous creature menace. On the other hand, Hawkins did perform motion capture for the Doom Slayer in DOOM (2016), a protagonist with a similar disposition who has naught but pure hatred for demons.
- Yuuichi Nakamura mostly play characters who are youthful Shounen or Biseinen at their prime, but Dwarf Shaman is neither, rather an old Boisterous Bruiser with a love for alcohol.
- Relationship Voice Actor: The most obvious one is the well-known pair of Heterosexual Life-Partners Yuuichi Nakamura as Dwarf Shaman and Tomokazu Sugita as Lizard Priest.
- Series Hiatus: The manga for Goblin Slayer Gaiden 2: Tsubanari no Daikatana went on hiatus after only three chapters were published. A little later in May 2019, it was then announced that serialization had ended in its magazine, although on May 28 it is confirmed the manga will be back on MangaUP! with a new artist at the helm.
- Star-Making Role: For Hayden Daviau in Goblin Slayer as Priestess, since it's one of the few Anime titles that has her in a leading role.
Trivia / Goblin Slayer