Tarako Isono (磯野たらこ Isono Tarako?, born December 17, 1960 in Ota, Gunma Prefecture), known under the professional name Tarako (たらこ Tarako?), is a Japanese voice actress and singer. Tarako is currently employed by the talent management firm Troubadour Musique Office.
Tarako became known for voicing cutesy, light-hearted characters with moe traces, plus more than one Team Pet. That doesn't mean she can't break through, however: she also voices the very softspoken but VERY creepy Altena from Noir, and in 2015 was chosen to replace Nobuyo Ōyama as Monokuma for the Danganronpa 3 anime series due to Ōyama suffering from dementia, and she will probably remain the voice of Monokuma in later franchise installments.
Some roles by Tarako are:
- Combat Mecha Xabungle: Chill (also including the Super Robot Wars games)
- Chibi Maruko-chan: Maruko
- Danganronpa 3 and New Danganronpa V3: Monokuma
- Hunter × Hunter (first series): Senritsu
- InuYasha: Kirara
- Kimba the White Lion: Lulu
- Kindaichi Case Files: Asuka Minatoya
- Noir: Altena
- Patlabor: Tamiko Shinshi (Shinshi's wife)
- They Were Eleven: Toto
- Urusei Yatsura: Sugar
- Virtue's Last Reward: Zero III