Describe Saeko Shimazu here! Right now! Ohohohohoho!
Mrs. Saeko Shimazu 島津 冴子 is a prolific seiyū from Isehara. As many others, she first had Naïve Everygirl roles, then started branching into more varied archetypes. Her breaching, however, took her to frequently switch to the Yandere or Dark Action Girl types. Also, she's credited to have voice roles in almost all the Rumiko Takahashi works - just look below. She's also done some singing, having recorded some image songs as Kodachi in Ranma ½.
Since she didn't have many major roles in the 90's and later, Mrs. Shimazu was believed to be retired by many people. That prompted the people in charge of the Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam movies to replace her with Yukana.
Some of Saeko Shimazu's roles include:
- Shinobu Miyake from Urusei Yatsura (first RT role)
- Sayoko Kuroki from Maison Ikkoku (second role)
- Kodachi Kuno from Ranma ½ (third role)
- Princess Abi from Inuyasha (... see the pattern here?)
- Four Murasame from Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. As mentioned above, replaced by Yukana.
- Glycine from Sakura Wars.
- Kazane Tsukikage from Kensei: Sacred Fist
- Miz Mishtal from El-Hazard: The Magnificent World
- Yuri from the original Dirty Pair media. Replaced by Mariko Kouda.
- Saeko Mizuki in the Glass Mask OAV.
- Madoka Ayukawa in the Kimagure Orange Road pilot episode. Replaced by Hiromi Tsuru.
- Megumi in Magical Angel Creamy Mami.
- Rag Rawro in Xabungle.
- Akiko Natsume in All-Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku.
- Luna Rossa in Dancougar.
- Fortuna in Tales of Destiny 2.
- The Sexy Lady (Kirei na Onee-san) in Yarudora series vol.2: Kisetsu o Dakishimete
- Valna in Valis III
Tropes associated with Saeko Shimazu:
- Relationship Voice Actor: Worked on similar anime or game titles with the likes of Kazuhiko Inoue, Noriko Hidaka, Kikuko Inoue, and both late Kaneto Shiozawa and Hirotaka Suzuoki.
- Woman of a Thousand Voices: Saeko can be quite versatile. She has voiced no-nonsense women (Glycine, Akiko Natsume), funny women (Kodachi Kuno), hot-tempered women (Shinobu Miyake, Megumi Ayase) and young and innocent women (Kazane Tsukikage).