Sir John Mills, born Lewis Ernest Watts Mills (February 22, 1908 — April 23, 2005) was an English actor who had an extensive career in film, television and theater, working almost until his death at the ripe old age of 97. He won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in Ryan's Daughter and was named a Disney Legend in 2002.
His daughters, Hayley Mills and Juliet Mills, are accomplished actresses in their own rights.
- Goodbye, Mr. Chips (1939): Peter Colley.
- Great Expectations (1946): Pip.
- Morning Departure (1950): Lt. Com. Peter Armstrong.
- The End of the Affair (1955): Albert Parkis.
- War and Peace (1956): Platon Karataev.
- Around the World in 80 Days (1956): London Carriage Driver.
- Dunkirk (1958): Cpl. Binns.
- Tiger Bay (1959): Police Superintendent Graham.
- Swiss Family Robinson (1960): William Robinson.
- The Parent Trap (1961): Mitch Evers' Golf Caddy.
- The Wrong Box (1966): Masterman Finsbury.
- Oh! What a Lovely War (1969): Field Marshal Sir Douglas Haig.
- Ryan's Daughter (1970): Michael.
- Dr. Strange (1978): Thomas Lindmer.
- The Quatermass Conclusion (1979): Professor Bernard Quatermass.
- Zulu Dawn (1979): Sir Henry Bartle Frere.
- Gandhi (1982): The Viceroy Baron Chelmsford.
- Sherlock Holmes and the Masks of Death (1984): Dr. John Watson.
- Deadly Advice (1994): Jack the Ripper.
- Hamlet (1996): Old Norway.
- Bean (1997): Chairman.