In the same field as the late Kazunari Tanaka, Ugaki is a veteran Bit Player in the voice acting industry; spreading wide from Japanese animation, to western animation dubs, to foreign film dubbing, Ugaki roams from scene to scene firmly clasping his spear and supporting a vast variety of more colorful high-profile cast members. He has, however, also landed some larger roles, perhaps most notably the mercurial, larger-than-life, one-eyed gangster Goro Majima in the Yakuza series of video games.
However, Ugaki does have one-hit wonders, check the list below to see who they are.
Outside of animation projects, Ugaki is commonly heard narrating non-animation television commercials.
When you look at it from a perspective, we may have been living in a world that applies the "Hidenari Ugaki Everywhere" system...
Ugaki's One-Hit Wonders:
- Argo Gulskii of Mobile Fighter G Gundam
- Donatello of the TV Tokyo edition of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987)
- Goro Majima of Yakuza
- Harumichi Bouya of Crows (The OVA)
Notable works with Ugaki's performance (Less bit roles will be noted):
- Bakusou Kyoudai! Let's & Go!!
- Case Closed
- Chūka Ichiban!
- CLAMP School Detectives
- Crayon Shin-chan
- Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise — Jagi
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - Khan
- The Kindaichi Case Files
- Nintama Rantarou
- Rebuild of Evangelion
- Run with the Wind
- Street Fighter V — Birdie
- Tekken — Ganryu
- YuYu Hakusho
- Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger — Voffa