Fight Club 2 is a graphic novel sequel to the novel Fight Club. The comic is being written by original author Chuck Palahniuk and illustrated by Cameron Stewart (Batman and Robin, Seaguy). The book was published by Darkhorse Comics as as a 10 issue maxiseries, with the first issue debuting on April 8, 2015.
The story takes place 10 years after the events of the novel and starts off from the submerged perspective of Tyler Durden as he observes the day-to-day tedium of life of the previously unnamed narrator (here called Sebastian). Oblivious, and now in a run-aground marriage with a bored Marla Singer (with whom he as a young son); Tyler manages to stage a comeback and kidnaps Sebastian's son, dragging him back into the world of Mayhem.
A third comic book is in development.
- Anything That Moves: Tyler has slept with men and women in Rize or Die to gain their allegiance.
- Babies Make Everything Better: Averted. Sebastian and Marla have had a child together and their marriage is still on the rocks.
- Bed Trick: Tyler tries to have sex with Marla when she assumes it's Sebastian. She is not at all pleased by it.
- Black Comedy
- Dark Messiah: Tyler Durden
- Happily Married: Averted. Sebastian is doped up to his eyeballs in pharmaceuticals to keep Tyler buried in his subconcious, and Marla is bored and yearns for the wild man her husband used to be to the point that she deliberately tampers with his medication to bring back Tyler.
- Henpecked Husband: What Sebastian has now become.
- In the Blood: Sebastian's son develops a talent for homebrew chemistry similar to Tyler's abilities at making homemade explosives.
- Mind Screw: Becomes like this half way through the comic when characters start contacting Fight Club author Palahniuk on what to do next in the story. Reality and fiction appears to co-exist.
- No Name Given: Averted to an extent. The protagonist now goes by the name of Sebastian, though it's implied to be him changing his name.
- Rage Against the Author: Tyler ends up killing the creator Chuck Palahniuk.
- Sequel in Another Medium: The original book was a prose novel, not a comic.
- Your Cheating Heart: Marla tampers with Sebastian's medication to bring back Tyler to have an affair with. Sebastian is not pleased. Marla points out that it technically is not cheating.