Throughout its long history, Dungeons & Dragons have had a lot of different comic adaptations. While not all runs currently have pages on this very wiki, all are listed here chronologically and by setting. Magic: The Gathering comics are also listed as long as they at least partially feature planes and settings that have been adapted to Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition, including Ravnica, Theros and Strixhaven.
- In The Shadows Of Dragons (2001-2002)
- Vecna Hand Of The Revenant (2002): Origin of the infamous lich-god Vecna, cancelled after the first issue.
- The Dragonlance Saga (1987-1991): Adaptation of the original Dragonlance novels.
- Dragonlance (1988-1991): Following a group of Krynnish adventurers, set prior to the original Dragons of Autumn Twilight novel.
- The Legend of Huma (2004-2005): Adaptation of the novel of the same name.
- Dragonlance Chronicles (2005-2006): Adaptation of the main Dragonlance novels.
- Dragonlance Legends (2008): Adaptation of the first book in the Dragonlance Legends series.
Forgotten Realms comics
- Advanced Dungeons And Dragons (1988-1991): Following an adventuring party based in the Selûne's Smile tavern in Waterdeep.
- Forgotten Realms (1989-1991): Following the crew of the Halruaan ship Realm's Master as they collect dangerous artifacts. Priam Agrivar, who originally appeared in Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, returns as a main character.
- Avatar: War of the Gods (1991): Adaptation of The Avatar Series.
- Baldur's Gate (1998): Free promotional tie-in for Baldur's Gate.
- The Forbidden Sands Of Anauroch (2000): Cancelled after two issues.
- The Legend of Drizzt (2005-2008): Adaptation of The Icewind Dale Trilogy, The Dark Elf Trilogy and The Legacy.
- Neverwinter Tales (2011): The Legend of Drizzt comic written by R.A. Salvatore.
- Forgotten Realms 2012: Written by Ed Greenwood, following another group of adventurers in Waterdeep.
- Forgotten Realms Cutter (2013): Following a pair of Drow siblings competing over a magical sword of great value.
- Legends of Baldur's Gate (2014): Following an adventuring party based in Baldur's Gate, including the beloved ranger Minsc, awakened from a long petrification, as they battle dragons and other monsters that threaten the peace. The series is divided into multiple mini-series that are each based on a 5th edition adventure module:
- Legends of Baldur's Gate: The original run, based on Tyranny of Dragons
- Shadows of the Vampire, based on Curse of Strahd and a crossover with the Ravenloft setting.
- Frost Giant's Fury, based on Storm Kings Thunder
- Evil at Baldur's Gate, not directly based on an adventure but dealing with the fallout of previous mini series.
- Infernal Tides, based on Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus
- Mindbreaker, a set up for Baldur's Gate III.
- A Darkened Wish (2019): Following a group of children from the Moonshae peninsula as they grow up to become legendary adventurers, for good or ill.
- At The Spine Of The World (2020-2021): Tie-in to Legends of Baldur's Gate following a different group of adventurers led by Saarvin, who first appeared in Frost Giant's Fury. Based on Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden
- Spelljammer (1990-1991): Following the crew of a Spelljammer ship on their adventures across the material plane and beyond. The comic started with a crossover with Forgotten Realms, and features the character Jasmine, who initially appeared in that comic, as a main character.
Dark Sun comics
- Dark Sun Iantos Tomb (2011): Following an escaped gladiator and the hunter hired to track him down as they must survive in the inhospitable desert of Athas.
- Eberron Eye Of The Wolf (2006): Following a Cyran veteran of the Great War as she recounts her last mission before the Mourning.
- Abraxis Wren Of Eberron (2012): Originally published as Infestation 2: Dungeons & Dragons, following an inquisitive (Detective) in Sharn.
Nentir Vale comics
- Dungeons & Dragons: Fell's Five (2010-2012): Following a group of adventurers led by Adric Fell as they keep stumbling into adventures through no fault of their own.
Magic: The Gathering comics
- Magic: the Gathering (IDW) (2012): Following the planeswalker thief Dack Fayden as he visits, among others, Theros.
- Magic (Boom!) (2021): Following three guildmasters of Ravnica as they work to save their city.
- Magic: The Hidden Planeswalker: Miniseries following Liliana Vess as a teacher at Strixhaven.
Unspecified, multiple or original settings
- Dragon Strike (1994): Adaptation of Dragon Strike
- TSR Limited Edition (1996): Promotional giveaway, including select issues from several earlier comic runs.
- Tempests Gate (2001-2002)
- Black And White (2002-2003)
- Where The Shadows Fall (2003-2005)
- Crisis In Raimiton (2004): Introductory comic for new players, given out for free comic book day.
- The Worlds Of Dungeons And Dragons (2008): Anthology featuring stories set in multiple settings, including the first Ravenloft comic.
- Dragones Y Mazmorras (1985-1986): Spanish adaptation of the Dungeons & Dragons (1983) animated series.
- Rick and Morty (Oni) (2016-current): Featured two mini series running from 2018 to 2019 and 2019 to 2020 based on Dungeons & Dragons
- Stranger Things and Dungeons & Dragons (2020-2021): Crossover with Stranger Things, following the kids getting into the hobby for the first time.