An ongoing comic series based on Magic: The Gathering
following the planeswalker Dack Fayden, greatest thief in the multiverse, in his quest to find and kill the evil planeswalker Sifa Grent and avenge the destruction of his village.
Tropes in this series:
- Ambiguous Gender: Ashiok. Rather infamously, Dack refers to Ashiok as male Word of God had to step in and clarify that this is just Dacks perspective.
- "Arabian Nights" Days: The briefly visited plane of Alkabah.
- The Cameo: Dacks story occasionally crosses over with that of characters from other storylines. So far, Sorin Markov and Malfegor have made appearances.
- Cut Short: The most recent issue came out in February 2014 and ended with a massive cliffhanger. Since then, no announcements about the future of the series have been made. Dack later returns in War of the Spark: Ravnica, only to get killed off.
- Doomed Hometown: Drakeston, where Dack comes from.
- Life Drinker: Sifa Grent drains the life from her victims in order to maintain her youth and beauty.
- Nightmare Sequence: When Dack falls under the influence of Ashiok on Theros.
- Revive Kills Zombie: Dack's friend Fadka uses a healing spell to destroy a Golgari zombie.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: This is the central theme of the first three miniseries.
- Sins of Our Fathers: Vog's father offended the gods of Theros and was cursed. Vog inherited the curse from him, and is worried that he might pass it down to his daughter as well.
- Sleepwalking: Ashiok creates a curse which causes mages to sleepwalk and commit crimes in their sleep.
- The Underworld: The final volume of the Theros miniseries end with Dack about to enter Nyx, Theros underworld.
- Vain Sorceress: Sifa Grent is a Planeswalker who uses her magic to drain life from others in order to maintain her youth and beauty.