The story is focused on Ian Aranill, also known as Dragonero due to the dark color of the blade of his sword which it became magically after slaying a dragon. Ian is an imperial scout who is a descendant from a dynasty of dragon slayers. He usually gets hired by The Empire to do several quests in distant places. In his journeys he gathered a team of companions. Ian has also several magical powers gained after accidentally drinking the blood of a black dragon.
A Tabletop RPG based on the comic, and also published by Bonelli, was released in November 2013.
- Abnormal Ammo: Myrva has bullets made of Luresilca, not only they greatly increase the penetration power but they also cause damage to shadow demons.
- BrotherSister Team: Ian and Myrva are siblings and have been entrusted with this quest by Alben.
- Clock Punk: Because of the Technocrats, there's technology here that looks like something out of Leonardo Davinci's wilder blueprints. Some examples are hybrid balloon/airplanes and automatic ballistas.
- Combat Tentacles: One reason why the shadow demons are so tough in a fight, they have extendable tentacles that lets them reach out and ensnare their enemies before they can draw out a weapon.
- Expy: The Guardian Mothers are expies of the Bene Gesserit. They are a religious order of women who have been trained to augment their minds and bodies, including having a technique where they can use their voice as a weapon.
- Fantasy Gun Control: Averted. In this world, the Empire has a guild of engineers known as the Technocrats. They develop various contraptions and advanced weaponry for the Empire. Myrva is a Technocrat and her weapons are a hatchet-gun and a pair of pistols.
- Immune to Bullets: The shadow demons can greatly withstand normal bullets and other demons, after that the demons can regenerate whatever damage they suffer in the fight.