Characters appearing in The Cool Kids Chronicles.
The Cool Kids Squad as a WholeAn independent team of school-age superheroes.
Tropes relating to the Cool Kids as a whole:
- Five-Man Band: Gender-inverted, with Wendini as The Leader, Bee as The Lancer, Whiz as The Smart Guy, Mari as The Big Guy, and Alex as The Chick.
- Mysterious Past: All the kids' pasts are yet to be expanded upon.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: The Cool Kids are a superhero team made up of Mother Nature's hated little brother, a Cute Witch, a girl whose super power is Encyclopaedic Knowledge, a Funny Animal, and a bee-themed Pungeon Master.
- The Team: A team of five superpowered kids working together to protect their city.
Bee Wallace/InvisaBeeThe friendliest member of the team and a constant source of puns.
Tropes relating to Bee:
- Bi the Way: Bisexual.
- Flight: Bee can fly.
- Invisibility: Can turn invisible.
- The Lancer: Easy-going and fun, in contrast to Wendini's cooler head.
- Pungeon Master: Makes puns constantly, especially Bee-related puns.
- Punny Name: Her superhero name, InvisaBee: her name is Bee, and she can turn invisible.
- Shock and Awe: Electrocutes through her punches.
Bernadette Cruz/WhizKidThe most confrontational Cool Kid, and the traditionally smartest. She LOVES her useless facts.
Her superpower is enhanced speed.
Tropes relating to Whiz:
- Encyclopedic Knowledge: She knows everything about everything, from magic to peanut butter.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Almost never referred to by her actual name, both by the other characters and the narrator.
- The Smart Guy: Mary Sue acknowledges her as one of the smartest kids at school in the first episode.
- Super Speed: Has superhuman agility.
Wendy/The Great WendiniPossibly the most mysterious main character, whose surname is unknown. The drunk aunt of the group.
Her powers are her magical ability. She uses it for summoning giant hands, teleportation, and protective charms; anything she has a charm for, really.
Tropes relating to Wendini:
- Cute Witch: A 16-year-old sorceress.
- Improbable Weapon User: Fights through summoned hands.
- The Leader: Downplayed. The Cool Kids don't have a leader, Wendini is just the most level-headed of the bunch.
- Only One Name: Her surname is unknown.
- Spontaneous Weapon Creation: Summons giant hands.
- Teleportation: Through magic.
Alex/Brother NatureA half-mythic and the only Cool Kid without superpowers. The only male Cool Kid.
He makes up for his lack of powers by taking advantage of his sister, Mother Nature, hating him and sending natural disasters and animals after him.
Tropes relating to Alex:
- Badass Normal: Doesn't have any powers, but invokes the most destructive forces of the group.
- Butt-Monkey: Constantly being targeted by the world around him—literally: his sister, Mother Nature, sics animals and natural disaster at him.
- The Chick: Subverted. While he's the most vulnerable Cool Kid, relying on his sister's ire to fight and his teammates to maneuver, he's also pretty apathetic and snarky.
- Guile Hero: Fights by provoking his sister and redirecting the fallout at his enemies.
- Nature Is Not Nice: Mother Nature specifically has it in for him, usually expressing this through having animals mess with him.
- The One Guy: The only male Cool Kid.
- Only One Name: He explicitly doesn't have a surname.
Mari Casso/ChickenDoggoA Snarky Non-Human Sidekick who isn't a sidekick at all, but rather a full-fledged member of the team who just happens to be a snarky Funny Animal.
Her powers are being able to turn into werewolves and cockatrices.
Tropes relating to Mari:
- The Big Guy: Her fighting style relies mainly on brute strength.
- Funny Animal: A dog who is functionally identical to a human.
- Heroic Dog: A dog and a superhero.
- Snarky Non-Human Sidekick: Snarky and a Funny Animal, but subverted in that she's a superhero in her own right.
- Voluntary Shape Shifting: Into werewolves and cockatrices.