The Cool Kids Chronicles is a Web Serial Novel officially started on September 5, 2016. It's written by Kitter, with illustrations provided by Mari, Wysterias, and Strenx. Characters were contributed by Kitter, Mari, and Strenx. Partway through season two, Morpheus joined the team as Kitter's co-blood god/assistant and the series's composer. Installments are published every other Monday.
It's a superhero Coming-of-Age Story, basically. It follows five teenagers and their wide group of friends as they try to navigate through school, friendships, ruined relationships, and the city they live in, all while juggling a crime fighting career.
Kitter, Mari, Wysterias, Strenx, and Morpheus can all be contacted through their Tumblrs, and the team as a whole can be reached through the official email, firstname.lastname@example.org, and the official Twitter.
The series provides examples of:
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: In the first episode, Mary Sue grows to the size of a building and goes on a rampage through the city.
- Sliding Scale of Anthropomorphism: Mostly Petting Zoo People, like the cat-ish Riveras, but Little Bit Beastly characters (Luci) and Funny Animals (Mari) show up from time to time as well.
- Tome of Eldritch Lore: The Summoner's Art, which followed Mary Sue around and tossed itself at her head until she checked it out of the library.
- Wake Up, Go to School, Save the World: The Cool Kids Chronicles is about a group of schoolchildren whose other day job is being an independent team of superheroes.
- World of Pun: The tagline says it outright:In a world in peril... they'll save the day... and make bad puns. Really bad puns.
- Characterization Marches On: None of the characters were fully developed during season 1—some characters even switched traits as the series moved forward. (Ex: Whiz was initially optimistic, but that trait was later shifted to Bee. Whiz became a realist instead.)