Death Weapon Meister Academy: Headmaster, Teachers, and Staff | Students (Crescent Moon, Half Moon, NOT) | Affiliates (Vladingham Family)
Novus Partus: Novus Partus (Project Omega, Anria)
Miscellaneous: Gangs | Other Antagonists
The main fighting forces of Novus Partus.
The Anria are artificial lifeforms engineered by Cancer Lucrenian. In conjunction with Project Omega, the purpose behind the Anria's creation is so Cancer can have her own army in preparation of fighting the world itself (mainly Death Weapon Meister Academy) should the project warrant such attention.
The Anria were originally a different species are called "Darkling" according to Cancer herself taken from Project Omega's Primordial Form. A special crystal called Magicite was introduced to Darkling, resulting in the birth of Anria. This is likely why the Anria are described as rocky and/or crystalline monstrosities.
As far as single individual go, they can range from bestial, to humanoid, to even something approaching eldritch. In fact, the DWMA, upon further studying, has classified the Anria in the following categories:
- Feral: Anria that are reminiscent of animal life.
- Shambling: The most "humanoid" of the species. They usually stand on both legs and their arms are malformed. (ex. Gilgamesh).
- Volante: Any kind of Anria with some mode of natural flight.
- Ghast: A junk drawer for classification. Anything thats not like the rest are classified as Ghast Anria (ex.. Gladiolus).
Beware of unmarked spoilers. This article is a stub under construction.
- Always Chaotic Evil: Almost all of them are aggressive and hostile, especially in the younger, smaller versions.
- Animalistic Abomination: The "Feral" variants are all based on various real animals, some completely resembling a species, others... not so much. Anria in general have Magic as an ingredient of their fundamental makeup, they have one eye that is also their soul, and generally function off killer instincts. Yep, keeper.
- Armies Are Evil: Novus Partus main fighting force are as evil and destructive as they come.
- Artificial Human: Made from a combination of science and magic, and a little of Project Omega, by Cancer.
- Bizzare Alien Biology: The Anria are supposed to be crystalline or rocky things that look animalistic, humanoid, or some unidentifiable combination. Yet, they sport a functioning eye that doubles as their soul, have teeth, can eat even though they're inorganic, and have some misamic substance that can leak out of their mouths. To top it off, Magic is part of their being. Yeah, doesn't get more bizarre than that.
- Cyclops: All have one eye.
- Eldritch Abomination: The Anria, monstrous and animalistic creatures seemingly made of rocks and crystals with a Bizzare Alien Biology. Special mention goes to Gladiolus, a titanic Anria made of several of them. They are of a Lovecraft Lite variety.
- Expy: These guys seem to be the lovechild between the Creatures of Grimm and Cie'th.
- Flight: The main, distinguishing characteristic of a Volante Anria. "Volante" is a reference to the Latin word "volant" (or "volanti"), which means "flying".
- Glasgow Grin: The skin beneath their eye crack to show their mouths.
- Humanoid Abomination: The "Shambling" Anria for the same reasons as Feral Anria listed above. Helps they don't even remotely look or sound humanoid.
- Immune to Bullets: Conventional weaponry like guns doesnt slow them down at all, putting humanity as a whole completely at their mercy.
- It Can Think: While it's true most Anria are mindless beasts and rely on their natural instincts, it's been stated and shown they can acknowledge and follow the orders of a superior. Stein even remarks that makes Anria smarter than they look. That small nugget of intelligence can grow with age and experience.
- Kick Them While Theyare Down: Even if you're defeated and on the brink of death, they don't stop fighting you. It's this relentless ruthlessness and strength that makes them so dangerous, because they can fight you to the point of exhaustion.
- Mooks: Sure, they're a threat under the right circumstances, but generally, they're taken down rather easily.
- More Teeth Than The Osmund Family: Their mouths are normally unseen, but when they open them they have rows of sharp teeth.
- Our Souls Are Different: We repeat, their eyes ARE their souls. And it's a sickly grey color to boot.
- Rock Monster: They are living, rocky and crystalline creatures.
- Stronger with Age: Experience makes an Anria stronger, smarter, and their faculties sharper. The best way to gain such is live long enough and/or be put in situations to get experience.
- Zerg Rush: Their main strength they're easy to kill, but their sheer numbers let them overwhelm anyplace.