Characters who appear in Soul Eater: Troubled Souls. Some spoilers may be unmarked. Read with caution.
This page is currently under construction, so any contributions are appreciated. Since the story is ongoing, careful of spoilers and be mindful of the growing cast.
Death Weapon Meister Academy
- Headmaster, Teachers, and Staff Character List
- Affiliates Death Scythes Moncharmins Olmett Family
- The Vladingham Family Amagais Household Vladimirs Household Others
- Novus Partus Character List
- Gangs Chicago Gang Other Side Gang
- Other Antagonists Medusa's group Paraponera Miscellaneous
Tropes applying to the class as a whole
- Anti-Hero / Anti-Villain: Zizags. They're not good, but they're not evil.
- Delinquents: The Correctional Class system is meant to isolate all rule-breakers and bad students from the rest of the student body. Then, Noel and others try to install discipline in these delinquents until they are fit enough to be put in regular homerooms.
- Nakama: Something to be admired about them. Sure, they represent the worst (as people; they're competent fighters and planners) the Academy as to offer, but damn it, they stick together like glue.
Tropes applying to both Jarrett and Darrel
- Chromatic Arrangement: Jarrett wears a dark red coat while Darrel wears a dark blue coat.
- Graceful Losers: In Chapter 7 when the Correctional Class are about to be lectured by Lord Death, most of them are scared out of their wits. Not Jarrett and Darrel. Eyes closed and arms crossed, they face everything without a word.
Jarrett ShuzenA student of the DWMA who is in the Correctional Class. He seems to be a leader figure among his classmates and fellow delinquents.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: Hes not evil per se, hes just a delinquent. That said, he wears a dark red coat, wears dark denim jeans and black boats, and his uniform top complements it according to narration.
Darrel MyandaA student of the DWMA who is in the Correctional Class.
- Hairpin Lockpick: Not a hairpin, but he uses Partial Transformation to pick the lock to the rendezvous room at the end of Chapter 6. Its nonetheless as fallacious as the trope when played straight.
- Rei Ayanami Expy: Darrel is described as having aquamarine hair and bronze eyes. Hes also obviously loyal to Jarrett. Due to a lack of appearances, its hard to tell whether he fits the rest of the criteria, but so far, were on our way to having a male example of this trope.
- The Smart Guy: In Chapter 21, its mentioned that Darrel is apart of the Student Council (which requires at least a 3.3 GPA to stay in) and got 4th place on the Super Written Exam two years straight.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Aquamarine.
- "Damn you! You dare betray me when Im the one you should fear?! Arachne and I took Death head-on and survived! You never even tried like the coward you are! All you do is lie and deceive! You hole yourself up and let others do your bidding knowing you cant do it yourself! Youre so pathetic! I pray and hope to the Great Warlocks of Lore that those child soldiers end you!
Shaula Gorgon is the youngest sister of the Gorgon Sisters. Using her poison and the NOT students as her pawns, Shaula is in league with her older sister, Medusa, in the Cobra Island Arc to try and take down the Academy. She, however, due to a lingering grudge, plans on betraying her.
- Acceptable Breaks from Canon: See Plothole. At the very least, Shaula's role gets expanded and her character explored in more depth.
- Cain and Abel: The Abel to Medusa's Cain. Shaula may be very sinister and smug in nature, but she seems to have her own motives for her workings. Medusa, on the other hand, is just a vile soul without anything sympathetic to her name.
- Look What I Can Do Now!: Medusa constantly belittles her and undercuts her achievements. In Act 1 Chapter 28, Shaula surprises her by using the soul fragmentation spell to escape an attempted murder courtesy of her and that's after using it to fool Lord Death. Medusa outright admits even she can't do that.
- Plothole: Cross-continuity example. In Soul Eater NOT!, Shaula initiates her attack on Death City on Halloween during the Battle Festival. The NOT timeline also takes place between the original prologues of Soul Eater and its first major arc. Here, Shaula times the same attack in tune with Medusa's on Cobra Island in the month of February. Either Shaula waited an implausible amount of time to get started or striking the deal with Medusa forced her to delay things to coordinate their assault. Furthermore, the passage of time is kept ambiguous.
- "Reason You Suck" Speech: The top quote is directed to her older sister Medusa before she tries to kill and take her soul. She's the victim.
- Smug Snake: Runs in the family.
- Summon Magic: Knows Summoning Magic, allowing her bring forth giant scorpions to her aid in battle.
- Villainous Rescue: Although, nobody realizes it or will question it, Shaula is the reason why Maka, Soul, and everyone else survives the Cobra Island incident because the piece of her soul Medusa obtained was booby-trapped.