The Kanzato brothers
Voice Actor: Nobuhiko Okamoto
A second-year student at Naginomori Academy's High School. He doesn't get scared often, but that doesn't mean he's a particularly brave. Shin is an honest, average seventeen-year-old. He holds a deep respect for his older brother and cares about his younger brother. Since his parents and sister passed away well in his sister's case, SORT OF he and his brother grew up under his aunt's care in Tokyo. After 10 years he and his brother have returned to their hometown, Ayanagi City.
- Cool Sword: His Persona Abel wields one.
- De-Power: Abel's sword is able to sever Persona from their hosts permanently.
- Die or Fly: Shin awakens his persona after being attacked by an unknown assailant.
- Heroic BSoD: Shin kind of gets one of these towards the end of the series. It's so bad he ends up going down to the beach with all the other citizens waiting to be taken away/die and ends up envisioning a very LSD-esque What Could Have Been scenario for his family.
- Keet: Shin crosses into this territory very easily. And it's incredibly cute every time.
Voice Actor: Takehito KoyasuThe eldest son of the Kanzato family and also the Chief Officer at Ayanagi police Station. He wears a stoic mask and rarely cracks a smile. He is investigating a mysterious case all on his own. Some investigators question his methods because he seems to use his authority to keep his findings confidential. He tries to push his two younger brothers away, even after ten years of silence. Because of his secretive nature and bear-it-all mentality he clashes with Shin but is more reserved with Jun.
- Aloof Big Brother: His personality is stoic to the point of being cold, even towards his younger brothers.
- The Atoner: He feels guilt over Yuki's death and takes measures to resolve everything after the disaster.
- Cast from Lifespan: If Cain uses its shoulder cannon at any time, it will kill him flat-out.
- Da Chief: Of Ayanagi's police force. However, some of the officers are growing very suspicious of his rationale in using police resources to cover up what happened in the city.
- Promotion to Parent: Ryou suffers this, essentially, after the accident. However, because he had taken entrance exams to a Kyoto university not long before coming home for that time period, he couldn't take care of Shin or Jun, so they had to live with their aunt. He never returned to take care of them until the series start (which was then essentially 'forced' on him).
Voice Actress: Miyuki Sawashiro
The youngest of the Kanzato family. A second-year student at Naginomori Academy's Middle School. He doesn't like to interact with strangers. He looks up to Shin,but that doesn't mean he's a typical younger brother. HE often acts more mature than Shin. Sometimes, he shows a different feminine side of himself and causes Shin some concern.
Voice Actress: Miyuki Sawashiro
The female twin of Jun. She died with her parents in a major accident ten years ago.
- Posthumous Character: She's already dead by the time the series started.
Voice Actor: Takuma Takewaka
Voice Actress:Fumi Morisawa
- Posthumous Character: They're already dead by the time the series started.
Voice Actor: Hideki TasakaA classmate of Shin's who he becomes acquainted with him on the first day he attends school. He is an easy-going individual and sports a distinct afro. Surprisingly, he has a Persona, which awakens when Shin tries to do Shadow Extraction on him. His Persona is Spartacus.
Voice Actress: Kana AsumiA second-year student at Nagiomori Academy's High School and Shin's classmate. She's energetic and optimistic.She's very caring towards anyone, no matter who they are. She dislikes dishonesty and tends to cry easily.She belongs to the school's Street Dance Club. She loathes Shadow Extraction, a popular activity among the students of her school and forbids any of her friends to take part in it. Her Persona is Diana.
Voice Actress: Mai NakaharaA somewhat timid girl who is acquainted with Shin, Megumi, and Takurō. She is very interested in Shadow Extraction. Her persona is Ashtoreth/Astarte.
Voice Actor: Daisuke Namikawa
A member of Marebito, who usually leads his comrades during an operation. Most of the times Toma is always calm and quiet. He bases all his actions on his strong beliefs. His eyes shimmer with a glint of sorrow.
Voice Actor: Nobuo TobitaA member of the Marebito and one of its most aggressive members. He is one of the many culprits responsible for the Reverse incidents in Ayanagi City. He's violent and inconsiderate. Like Saki, Yuji looks up to their field leader Toma. He sees Toma as an older brother.
Voice Actress: Mayumi SakoA mysterious Persona user. The only female among the Marebito. She respects and follows Toma as more than a leader. Her Persona is Nebudchadnezzar.
Voice Actor: Motoki TakagiThe youngest member of the Marebito. He prefers to act alone rather than in a group. His young looks belie a slightly insane demeanor. His Persona is Guukyou.
Voice Actor: Tsubasa YonagaUnlike most of the Marebito, he is laid-back and worry-free. However, he is the most aggressive at taking Personas from A-latents carriers, which implies he desires vengeance against something or someone. His Persona is Qin Shubao.
Voice Actor: Tsubasa YonagaWakasa's younger twin. Compared to his brother, he is reserved and doesn't interact with the members of the Marebito. He doesn't know about his twin's history of being abused by their parents when they were younger. He greatly respects the Marebito founder Mareya Kujo. His Persona is Yuchi Jingde.
Voice Actor: Hiroki YasumotoQuiet and sensible, Udo is the most intelligent Marebito. Like a select few of the Marebito he also has a good relationship with Toma. While a devout follower of Mareya Kujo and their group's goal to "save people by reuniting the isolated unconsciousness" he is reasonably skeptic of what they're working towards.
Voice Actor:Nobuyuki KatsubeA well-renowned psychologist and a brain surgeon. He once belonged to a Persona research organization, but seceded when his original intentions were denied. He continued gathering data on his own terms along with other supporters until he made contraindication during his research. He was involved in a special force project that was proposed by Ryo Kanzato. He died in an accident five years ago, but by uniting with the special Persona he cultivated within himself, he continues to exist. Komatsubara is also responsible for Jun Kanzato sharing his body with his sister, Yuki due to an emergency operation which he manipulated Ryo Kanzato into thinking could only save his little brother.
- Big Bad: For the entire show.
- Death Faked for You: He took a fake name and pretended to be dead so that no one will hinder his research.
- For Science!: The reason why he decided to "save" the Kanzato twins.
- Not-So-Well-Intentioned Extremist: He did research on Personas to revive his dead daughter. But his lack of affection towards her and the fact that he experimented on her until she killed herself prove that he didn't love her
Ayanagi City Police Department
Voice Actor: Hisao EgawaThe head of Ayanagi Police Station's Criminal Department. He's an old fashioned detective who missed out on the opportunity to climb the ladder of success. He questions Ryo's secretive way of investigating the mysterious incidents.
Voice Actor: Yoshisa KawaharaOne of the investigators at Ayanagi Police Station. Ito's yonger partner. He's a passionate detective who believes in honesty and justice. He's not good at tailing or staking out because his tall figure makes him stand out.
Voice Actor: Hikaru MidorikawaHe is placed at Ayanagi Police Station as a counselor from headquarters once Ryo Kanzato vanishes at the end of the first half of the series. He's been on the job as long as Ryo has. He's participated in building a special team as a main supervisor. He doesn't discuss his past much, but indignation against people who dissrespect Personas can be felt in his words.
Voice Actress: Sanae KobayashiAn inspector at the Northern Nippon Inspection Lab. She's known the Kanzato brothers for many years, and she treats Shin and Jun as her younger brothers. It seems that she and Ryo were in a special relationship while the two younger brothers were out of the city.
Voice Actor: Tomkazu SekiThe Younger manager of Naginomori Academy's student dormitories. He's popular among students as the easy-going, older-brother type. Though he's the manager of the dorms, he owns a pet, which is prohibited at the dorms. He also goes out past curfew. He acts a bit suspicious sometimes.
Voice Actress: Mamiko NotoThe first test subject for Complex Persona research. She devoted herself to the research to impress her father, who was the lead researcher at the time. However, at an early age, she realized her existence represented a great mistake. While being transported across the sea, she jumped into Toyama Bay and disappeared. It's uncertain how or where she exists, or what the conditions are for her appearance. Sometimes she will appear as her 4-year old self or as a teenage girl in front of certain people.
- Walking Spoiler: Talking about her in the slightest would give away the entire story.