This page is for characters who do not physically appear in the books, play or Fantastic Beasts films, but have been mentioned in other canonical works, such as Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (go here for characters from the film), Quidditch Through the Ages, The Tales of Beedle the Bard, J.K. Rowling's Official Site or from Word of God herself. Be warned: there are lots of spoilers.
An 18th-century male No-Maj descended from Scourers. He seduced Dorcus Twelvetrees, stole her wand and took it to the No-Maj media, causing one of the largest breaches of the Statute of Secrecy in recorded history.
- Alliterative Name: Bartholomew Barebone.
- Broken Masquerade: Attempted one by going to the media with Twelvetrees' wand, and briefly succeeded.
- Category Traitor: He is a descendant of Scourers, but lacked any real magical talent.
- Karma Houdini: While Bartholomew was arrested by No-Maj for his shooting rampage, Doris Twelvetrees was ultimately the one held responsible for the Broken Masquerade by MACUSA.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: His actions were directly responsible for the creation of Rappaport's Law and the upholding of an Extra-Strength Masquerade in Wizarding America.
- Reality Ensues: As it turns out, when you go to the media with a story about magic being real, not many people will take you seriously. Barebone ended up having to create a lot of the masquerade-breaking himself through leaflets and written letters, and by demonstrating the wand's power to curious individuals.
- Why Don't You Just Shoot Him?: Eventually Barebone decided to take some of his friends and opened fire (without managing to kill any of them) on what he thought were MACUSA employees, but were actually unrelated No-Majs.
A Welsh Muggle woman, the wife of Lyall Lupin, and the mother of Remus John Lupin. She worked in an insurance office in Cardiff before meeting Lyall. She died sometime prior to Voldemort's first fall.
- Alliterative Name: Before marrying.
- Good Parents: From all we know, she and her husband were very loving and protective towards Remus despite his condition.
- Ill Girl: Remus would often say that she was ill and was visiting her as an excuse for his monthly absences. However, given that she died prior to 1981, there might have been some truth in this.
- MuggleMage Romance: Her husband was a wizard while she was a muggle.
- Rescue Romance: She met her husband when he saved her from a Boggart. She didn't care one bit after he confessed that she wasn't in any real danger.
- Badass Normal: Is just a stonemason who can make excellent magic wands with just his skill in woodworking, and the proper materials, who becomes a builder, founder, and later co-headmaster of what will later become the North American equivalent of Hogwarts. To wit: He is the first and only known muggle wand maker, and headmaster of a wizarding school.
- Good Parents: With Isolt towards their daughters, and adoptive sons.
- Go Through Me: When Isolt's aunt Gormlaith GauntNote comes to kidnap his infant daughters and makes it to their bedroom, James is standing his ground in front of their cribs " - ready to die-", as Gormlaith blasts the doors open.
- MuggleMage Romance: With the witch Isolt.
- Papa Wolf: He knows that he cant do much of anything to Gormlaith during her attack, but he goes to do whatever he can to keep her from his infant daughters nonetheless.
- Parental Substitute: He and Isolt become the adoptive parents of Chadwick and Webster Boot sometime after their parents' deaths.
- Token Human: The only No-Maj among Ilvermorny founders.