CatOne of the main characters, Catherine Feline is an art student at Fur Valley State in Utah.
- Big Eater: Capable of devouring a foot-high sandwich in one gulp.
- Character Tic: Has a tendency to wring her tail when she's nervous.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Her thought processes go to unusual places sometimes.
- The Ditz: She has a tendency to come off this way. Sometimes it can be explained due to her naivety and sheltered upbringing, but other times...
- A Dog Named "Dog": Cat is a cat. Subverted in that her name's actually Catherine.
- Entendre Failure: Thinks giving a guy a "blow job" means lending him a hair dryer.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Has a whole collection that she builds nests to curl up in when she's feeling down.
- Grew a Spine: She's slowly becoming more outgoing and assertive as time goes on.
- Hidden Depths: Shy and withdrawn, she will stand up to someone if her beliefs are challenged or if her friends need her to.
- The Ingenue: She's the sweetest, most idealistic, but most naive character in the cast.
- Late for School: Frequently seen dashing off to school with, "Runninglaterunninglaterunninglate..."
- Otaku: Loves anime and manga to the point of getting up at three in the morning on Saturdays to watch them , and sometimes explains certain aspects of them to Ronnie and Dawn. Extends to live-action shows as well, such as knowing why the Sailor Usagi show has a hand-puppet for the Luna-style character. She also decides to do her art research paper on Japanese comics.
- Through Her Stomach: The easiest way to get her to warm up to you is with food.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Ronnie. The two bicker constantly, but will always support each other when the chips are down.
DawnCat's roommate, a business major at Fur Valley State. She is the most level-headed and mature of the three.
- Official Couple: So far is the only one of the main girls to be in one, after a really tortured courting process.
- Only Sane Employee: At the call center. It's a miracle she manages to keep her sanity.
- Team Mom: Takes the role of sorting out Cat and Ronnie when they get at each others' throats, and generally trying to keep the peace in the apartment.
- They Do: Her and Brian, after a painstakingly long get together process.
RonnieCat's other roommate, Ronnie is a longtime Utah resident, thought she's had experiences that soured her on the place and the people there. She's the most temperamental of the bunch, but loyal to those she's close to.
- Bare Your Midriff: A case of Early Installment Weirdness as her outfits that did this vanished before very long.
- Daddy's Girl: Is really close to her father, and actually starts talking in an uncharacteristic excited girlish tone when he calls on the phone.
- Deadpan Snarker: Usually in response to Cat's ditziness, but in general when things annoy her.
- Eating the Eye Candy: When she sits in on the figure drawing class, she is seen staring at Hunter before deciding to make a hasty exit.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Comes across as irritable and sarcastic, but she does look out for the other's best interests. Or tries to, at least.
- Knight In Sour Armor: Seemed to be more idealistic when she was younger, but a difficult teenage life and her best friend's poorly-worded letter have left her rather jaded. She still seems to want to do the right thing.
- The Mentor: To Vikki, helping her understand aspects of Utah culture that she hasn't been privy to.
- Missing Mom: Has flat out stated it's only ever been her and her father.
- Open Mouth, Insert Foot: When Hunter comes knocking on their apartment door, she opens it then blurts out, "Aren't you the hot model from Cat's art class?"Hunter: She said I was hot? (Ronnie slams the door)
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Well, we know her real name, Rhonda, but it's used to rarely that you'd be forgiven if you forgot.
A girl from California attending Fur Valley State. Vikki is wholly unfamiliar with the culture and people of Utah, and so sometimes has a difficult time fitting in.
- Blind Date: Got dragged on one with Mariah and her boyfriend, Chad, with his roommate
- Fish out of Water: Came to Utah from California with literally no clue what she was in for.
- Hidden Depths: While seemingly shallow and superficial, as we see more of her we find that she's just trying to find her place in a culture she knows nothing about, and find out that she is quite sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Nice Girl: Vikki is very empathetic and highly values those that she cares for.
- Odd Friendship: With her roommates. She's a free spirit while they're conservative, but they get along well.
- Through Her Stomach: Not to the extent of Cat, but food is a fairly reliable way to win her over.
BrianA buck who shares a class with Dawn. Has had a crush on her since they met, and recently started a relationship with her.
- Butt-Monkey: Whenever he and Dawn are together, something goes wrong. And somehow, his luck gets even *worse* after they officially start dating.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Every time he tried, disaster struck.
- Dogged Nice Guy: He tried to be, at least. Didn't work out very well until he and Dawn actually had a sit-down chat.
- Friend to All Children: Volunteers as a reader at the hospital, where he's one of the kids' favorites.
- Nice Guy: What actually starts to bring Dawn around.
HunterA young Husky who is the model for Professor Ferguson's figure drawing class. He has an eye for Cat, but since he's a nude model, she gets flustered just being around him, which doesn't stop him from trying to get her to go out with him.
- Dogged Nice Guy: For Cat. He helps her with her art projects at times, and keeps trying to ask her out, but she always disappears when he gets to that point.
- First Love: For Cat. He makes her feel things she's never had to deal with before.
- Love at First Sight: He starts trying to get her to go out with him right from the get go.
- Naked First Impression: He first meets Cat as the nude model for her figure drawing class.
- Nice Guy: He's helpful when others need it, and he's the Cool Big Bro to his younger brother David.
- Satellite Love Interest: Averted, the first few times we see him it's in connection to Cat and his attraction to her, but since then there have been several arcs revolving around him as he pursues his own goals, one of which just happens to be trying to get Cat to like him.
- Deadpan Snarker: He's got a few good quips in him.
- Romantic Wingman: Luke, in the "Knock, Knock" arc, begins acting as one for Hunter, who keeps shooting himself in the foot in his attempts to get close to Cat. He's the one who finally manages to get Hunter and Cat to bridge the gulf between them.