Locked Pages: Lock, UnLock and Edit requests:
- Check Locked Pages and Permanent Red Link Club first. They can provide guidance on what are good and bad requests.
- Include working links in your request to the page(s) in question.
- Pages cut a while ago were automatically locked. Before asking for an unlock, make sure that the article you want to create is in the proper Namespace, has gone through YKTTW if it's a trope, and otherwise fulfills our guidelines for Creating New Pages.
- If asking for edits, state your changes exactly as they should appear on the page, including proper Example Indentation, namespacing, and pothole and quote formatting. And make sure that what you want to add is actually a valid example.
- We do not edit archived articles, even to correct links.
- Main redirects are no longer being created for namespaced work pages. Don't ask for one.
- Some locked pages have ongoing cleanup threads, like Complete Monster (Thread), Five-Man Band (Thread) and any locked Trope Pantheon page (Thread). Other than purely technical requests, edits to these pages ought to be discussed in these threads first.
- Work pages made in the wrong namespace, pages banned under The Content Policy and the 5P Circuit and subpages that are disallowed (like Headscratchers pages for tropes) are valid reasons for requesting page locks.
edited 14th Jun '15 9:40:54 AM by SeptimusHeap
- Brutally subverted and attacked in Spec Ops: The Line. Both Konrad (leading the 33rd) and Walker continually disobey their orders in an attempt to help the people of Dubai after a sandstorm strikes the city, but their efforts are driven more by a Power Fantasy of becoming a hero than by any genuine sense of altruism, and ultimately they only succeed in making a bad situation even worse. Meanwhile, the CIA also has a plan to "save the day" in Dubai: namely, killing every survivor of the sandstorm so that the truth of the atrocities the 33rd has committed in Dubai in the name of maintaining order will never get out, for fear of this causing a war between the US and the Middle East.
- Subverted and attacked in Spec Ops: The Line. Both Konrad (leading the 33rd) and Walker continually disobey their orders in an attempt to help the people of Dubai after a sandstorm strikes the city, but their efforts are driven more by a Power Fantasy of becoming a hero than by any genuine sense of altruism, and ultimately they only succeed in making a bad situation even worse. Meanwhile, the CIA also has a plan to "save the day" in Dubai: namely, killing every survivor of the sandstorm so that the truth of the atrocities the 33rd has committed in Dubai in the name of maintaining order will never get out, for fear of this causing a war between the US and the Middle East.
A: Try to repeat the custom title input. If it doesn't work, make a thread in Tech Wishlist & Bug Reports. Please make sure you've read this FAQ before reporting an issue there. Also, The Au Z Zie Gamer needs adding to the Let's Play index.
edited 20th Mar '13 3:11:23 PM by SeptimusHeap
- Mayuri Kurotsuchi, the Gotei 13's resident Mad Scientist who frequently conducts experiments on living subjects. When he's first introduced he used his unwilling subordinates as human bombs against Ishida, and, when one of them survived, Mayuri blew him up anyway because bombs "aren't supposed to come back." During his fight, Mayuri reveals to Ishida about how he conducted horrible "experiments" upon his fellow Quincies, among which included opening their skulls while they were still alive, chopping them and grinding them up, and even forcing one to burn his son to death For Science! One of his victims was Ishida's beloved grandfather whose mutilated corpse Mayuri keeps a picture of on his person, even proudly showing it off to Ishida during their fight. After the Soul Society Arc Mayuri no longer acts as an antagonist to the heroes, but he's still the most vile and depraved out of all the Gotei 13, and it's clear that he only works for the good guys for the chance to work on his sadistic experiments without repercussions. In fact, Mayuri was willing to kill all of his fellow Gotei 13 members by destroying the pocket dimension they were in just to take out Aizen. He was only stopped from doing this by his subordinates' interference. Mayuri also displays a callous disregard for the life of his "daughter" Nemu. He savagely beat her after she had been severely injured and, when an enemy had reduced her to a withered husk, Mayuri's only response was a spike of scientific fascination.
- Sosuke Aizen is a sociopathic ‹bermensch with a god complex who considers himself above the notions of morality and decency adopted by "lesser beings." Uncaring for anyone but himself, Aizen has a habit of using and betraying anyone close to him. Examples of this include testing out an experiment by turning his former captain, Shinji Hirako, into a monstrous abomination along with seven other shinigami officers, attempting to murder his subordinate Harribel once she had outlived her usefulness, and impaling his devoutly loyal lieutenant, Momo Hinamori, while hugging her, leaving her traumatized for months. Later, Aizen would outdo himself by creating illusions which tricked Momo's best friend, Hitsugaya, into nearly killing her. Aizen also used Wonderweiss Margera as a tool, erasing all of his intelligence, speech, memory, reasoning and emotions just to turn him into a Power Nullifier against one man's weapon. Once Wonderweiss had successfully absorbed the flames of this person's weapon, Aizen had arranged it so that Wonderweiss self-destructed, nearly taking out an entire city with him in the process. Finally, when Aizen had achieved physical godhood, he tested out his abilities by calmly walking through a human city, knowing that his powers caused anyone who came into close proximity with him to blow up. In the end Aizen ended up killing over a dozen of civilians, and even planned on doing the same to Ichigo's human friends just so he could mock Ichigo by hanging up their corpses on display.
edited 22nd Mar '13 9:37:16 PM by MyTimingIsOff
edited 23rd Mar '13 1:38:47 PM by Komodin