What to say about myself?
I was first introduced to this site from a seemingly innocuous link to But Thou Must
on another site. As you can see now, TV Tropes Has Ruined My Life
. But despite usual visits to the site, I use it as a medium between work and play, seeing as all of these Tropes
are very entertaining, but enhancing
I'm an artist who loves to work with pixels on MS Paint
, but I also draw and paint and write and create music.... Well, I've drawn Trope-tan
, thus, a marking of a pretty-enhanced
I go around TV Tropes, fixing up minor typos and syntax, occasionally adding a drably explained trope or example to a page. I prefer to work alone
, and thus, rarely make appearances in YKTTW
or the forum. I have created one trope; Player-Generated Economy
. I have created the work pages for Those Lacking Spines
, I Know That Voice
, and Blood Stain
, as well as substantially expanded Fancy Pants Adventures
. Feel free to add to any of those pages if you don't mind.
If you want to contact me, I have a deviantART
account, but my most preferred way of chatting is going on IRC chat
This troper provides examples of:
- Art Evolution: Natural, seeing I'm a developing artist.
- Berserk Button: I'm normally nonchalant and pleasant, but don't vandalize a wiki.
- Ha Ha Ha No: As part of my sorta-not-really madness if that occurs.
- Brilliant but Lazy: Yep. Great with creative stuff, but I need motivation.
- Cannot Convey Sarcasm: Actually, it's sometimes that I choose to, to be obvious with it, and sometimes I say words that usually are placed in a sarcastic content, but I intend them to be sincere.
- Comeback Tomorrow: Since I'm very mentally active but not vocally.
- Commitment Anxiety: The reason the few fandoms I get into, I get into deeply.
- Emoticon: I have a few favorites I like to use: o3o, :D, :P, :3, and ô.o.
- Fangirl: Toned down from my original excitement. Demyx was one of my favorite characters, as was Ryuusei Cartwright, though I seem to just like and analyze, rather than obsess, over them now.
- Fan of Underdog: I end up supporting whoever's losing at the time. So this means my preferred player never wins.
- Flat Joy: Oddly common expression I make.
- Gamer Chick: There are quite a few video games I enjoy—not necessarily the stereotypical games, but some. If I don't play a game, I might read about its mechanics and such, which leads to odd discussions where I talk about a game and I end up saying that I don't play the game itself, leaving other people disappointed.
- Grammar Nazi: Well, a pet peeve of mine is correcting people who speak in textspeak, persistently telling them to actually type correctly.
- Hates Small Talk: Ah, yes, very much.
- Hype Aversion: Unfortunately, if someone recommends me a book or movie or video game, I will assume it's the inferior masses who like it. If I find the same material on my own, I'll think it's amazing. Which makes me wonder if I'm part of the 'inferior mass'. O_o
- I Do Not Own: In regards to my art, I put up a disclaimer at the bottom of each piece. I know it's irrelevant, but I do so just as an indicator and acknowledgement.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Say hello to Fuzzy, my little furball of a cat!
- Kuudere: I seem monotonous and emotionless at first, but below, I sprout with creativity and expression.
- Made of Win: Got one for moving everything Australia-related in Everything Is Trying to Kill You in its separate section.
- Measuring the Marigolds: Oddly enough, I look at objects from an analytical perspective for the purpose of understanding how it works artistically and how that coordinates or opposes actuality.
- MS Paint: Well, not a trope, but my personal preference in pixel plotting. I'm pretty good with it.
- Online Alias: I have referred to other people by their internet handles, and other people have referred to me as 'Quanyails' as well.
- Performance Anxiety: I have it, definitely, which is one reason I prefer to convey ideas through the internet instead of in real life—time to think.
- Reclusive Artist: To an extent. My name is rarely seen over the internet, known only in full by friends. On the other hand, people who know me in real life may receive information on my online accounts.
- Reverse Arm-Fold: Regular habit of mine.
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: When I'm not Drawing By the Seat of My Pants.
- Sein Language: I mention tropes in my daily speech, confusing those who haven't read TV Tropes (and inviting them to check it out).
- Serial Tweaker: As a result of not always previewing my edits or finding other things to fix later down the article.
- Spock Speak: Sporadically.
- Strange Syntax Speaker: I dabble in laconic responses and loquaciousness at other times. I circle around everything but normal talk, I guess.
- The Stoic: At first appearance, and in most appearances.
- Troper Types: I'm a Trope Editor, Wiki Feng Shui Master, and Casual Example Adder.
- Unsound Effect: *sit*, *blink*
- Wise Beyond Their Years: I can have discussions about quantum mechanics, various voices of literature, draw extraordinarily well for my age (except people), and spout Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness. Which leads me to:
- Younger Than They Look: I'd rather not give my actual age out, but I've been mistaken for college sophomores when I was fourteen.
My favorite characterization tropes
Works I'm quite interested in:
- Animusic: Music videos scripted to follow MIDI are a fascinating synthesis of two artistic media. The music itself is appealing to boot.
- Aquaria: A game that provides just the right mood between calm and adventure in a gorgeous underwater world. The gameplay, art, and music are all impressive.
- Blood Stain: A slice-of-life comic that comically turns predictable tropes on its head while preserving great art and character development.
- Echochrome: An minimalistic yet elegant Perspective Magic game that makes me appreciate the game mechanic both in inventiveness and execution.
- Fancy Pants Adventures: I love the animation gone into this game as well as how it puts a new spin on typical platforming features.
- Fantasy Kaleidoscope: I am very impressed with the quality of work gone into this fan anime. The art and music are top-notch, although the fan dub can be better-timed.
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Amazing characters, amazing story, amazing art... Despite my time on TV Tropes, it's hard for me to find a flaw with this work.
- Journey: A very stylistic and emotional game with an elegant aesthetic. The soundtrack wrests my emotions.
- Kingdom Hearts: Okay, so the story isn't the most impressive, but the gameplay and soundtrack—Yoko Shimomura, my goodness—are spectacular.
- Pokémon: The work that introduced me to many other franchises! I still enjoy Pokemon for the metagame and creature designs.
- The Stanley Parable: I like games that deconstruct video game mechanics. The Stanley Parable pulls off the illusion of choice in storytelling very well while being witty and well-designed.
- Those Lacking Spines: One of the better fanfics I've read when I had time to read fanfics. Those Lacking Spines does an excellent job balancing meta-humor and a contiguous storyline.
- VVVVVV: A simplistic platformer that has excellently-designed gameplay for its unique gravity mechanic.
Comments by the following people before foreign troper editing was removed (create TroperWall.Quanyails and message me if you'd like to comment):
- Hayati pokes you and your Deviant ART account!
- Ah, hello. You found me through my art? :)
- Other way around, actually.
- Curious. How did you find me, of all tropers?
- Clicked on your name. It seems you're editing pages all the time, and just got my curiosity. XD
- Minor edits, I suppose, and a dose of serial tweaking. But okay.