Needs a Better DescriptionAnimusic
is a two-man company that uses software they've developed to make computer animations out of MIDI-based music. These animations are made from the MIDI files, rather than animated separately from the music. In Layman's Terms
, music goes in, computer animation comes out.
Animusic have released two DVDs of their works and a single, "Glarpedge
", and a third DVD, consisting of 12 or 13 songs, is in development
.Animusic: A Computer Animation Video Album:
Animusic 2: A New Computer Animation Video Album:
- "Future Retro"
- "Stick Figures"
- "Aqua Harp"
- "Drum Machine"
- "Pipe Dream"
- "Acoustic Curves"
- "Harmonic Voltage"
- "Starship Groove"
- "Pogo Sticks"
- "Resonant Chamber"
- "Cathedral Pictures"
- "Pipe Dream 2"
- "Fiber Bundles"
- "Gyro Drums"
- "Heavy Light"
This series contains examples of:
- Alien Sky: "Heavy Light" has quite a few of the gas giants float around in the background.
- The sky in "Resonant Chamber" appears to contain multiple moons.
- All-CGI Cartoon
- Bizarchitecture: Most of the videos qualify.
- "Heavy Light" takes this a step further by having the instruments built into the building.
- Bizarre Instrument: Some of the instruments in the videos.
- Bottomless Pits: Used in "Drum Machine", "Acoustic Curves", and "Gyro Drums".
- However, a floor is implied in Drum Machine (especially in the solo cam that shows all the gears), and the split-screen view of Gyro Drums shows a small circular light base which doesn't appear in the main animation.
- Concept Art Gallery: Included as a bonus feature on the DVDs.
- Easter Egg: On the Animusic 2 DVD, there is a hidden loop button to the right of the main buttons.
- Ethereal Choir: Used in "Beyond the Walls", "Future Retro", "Fiber Bundles", and "Heavy Light".
- Frickin' Laser Beams: Commonly used in the videos.
- Genre Shift: Often happens in the middle of a song.
- Hard Light: "Heavy Light", of course. They produce music and percussion.
- Heavy Meta: "Acoustic Curves".
- The Oner: "Drum Machine".
- Piano Key Wave: "Starship Groove", played with Yamaha's Disklavier piano.
- Pipe Maze: Around the rooms in the music videos for "Pipe Dream" and "Pipe Dream 2".
- Series Mascot: A Chapman stick called "Mr. Stick", first appearing in "Stick Figures" and later on in "Pogo Sticks".
- Shout-Out: According to Word of God, "Fiber Bundles" was done In The Style Of the music from Ratchet & Clank.
- Signature Style: Combining the natural with the bizarre; robots playing otherwise traditional instruments seems to be a favorite.
- Humans never being seen is one of the most overarching aspects of the Animusic signature style. When the instruments aren't being played by robots, they play themselves.
- Slow Electricity: Used in "Harmonic Voltage" and "Fiber Bundles".
- Space Is Noisy: Seen in "Starship Groove".
- Truck Driver's Gear Change: In "Acoustic Curves" note , "Seventh Alloy" note , and "Harmonic Voltage" note .
- Uncommon Time: "Starship Groove" is in 7/8 time, and parts of "Resonant Chamber" are in 5/8 time. The second half of "Drum Machine" is in the latter time frame, too.
- Weird Moon: Seen in "Resonant Chamber". There is a moon in each of the four windows, and each of them is at a different phase.
- Zeerust: "Future Retro" uses futuristic sounds with retro-styled instruments.