open/close all folders
- Victor Borge had a comedy bit where his piano sounds wrong... so he takes the row of keys out, flips them, and it sounds perfect.
Film - Animated
- The Other Father does this in Coraline. Possibly justified since it's a magic piano.
- In The Great Mouse Detective, the piano player in the run-down pub makes the keys bounce in the air in a few close-up shots.
- Disney's Tangled features a rough-looking barbarian playing the piano with a hook for a hand, causing the keys to do all sorts of gymnastics. By the end, so many have gone flying that it's hard to believe there are any left on the piano.
- This occurs as a special effect in the video for the Go-Gos' song "Head Over Heels".
- The Bugs Bunny cartoon "Rhapsody Rabbit" has quite a few of these, including the piano keyboard acting like a typewriter carriage and, at one point, Bugs literally picking up the keys and letting them fall back down.
- Happens several times during Mickey Mouse's piano recital in "The Opry House".
- In the Classic Disney Short "Three Orphan Kittens", three kittens climb on a player piano and turn it on. The keys bounce up and down, carrying the kittens along. When the speed is turned up, the kittens are being juggled about and one is even spanked by the hammers inside.