is a young American woman who also likes to contribute to TV Tropes
and takes herself far too seriously. She likes video games just a little too much and loves to write and draw and then—
—Okay, no more Third-Person Person
, I promise.
Anyway, yeah, I love writing and drawing, and at one point I had a Deviant ART
page but I'm ashamed of what's up there. I was also once a Fan Fiction
writer, but now I find I prefer writing original work. I am also a lazy slob who likes to procrastinate and only barely meets deadlines for essays and such. I should probably work on that.
I also tend to think in terms of tropes, and actively think up several minor tropes I'm going to use in a work while I'm writing it. It can be maddening sometimes.
Tropes about me:
- Berserk Button: Several, though being called stupid or being told to shut up makes me Hulk Out.
- Beware the Nice Ones: I used to get in-school suspension a lot when I was in elementary school. Now people can't believe it!
- Brainy Brunette: Then again, so is my mother, so it runs in the family.
- Brainy Specs: I have them. They are not the most flattering, but I don't really care.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Oh, yeah, A's are nice and all, but so are other things, like video games...
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Most of the time.
- Deadpan Snarker: Also most of the time.
- Fan Hater: I used to be one, until I realized that I was being a complete idiot about things like books and movies. Now I can't stand them.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: How some people feel about me.
- Gender-Blender Name: Not in Real Life, but on the internet I tend to go by some very ambiguous names.
- Gratuitous Spanish: My username on several websites (including here). I also love to greet people with 'Hola' and read things out loud in Spanish just to keep myself fresh.
- Kind Hearted Cat Lover: At least, to my own cat.
- Kuudere: I'm ice cold to strangers but I can't shut up around my friends and family.
- Older than They Look: In my senior year of high school, I was mistaken for a sophomore. I have had several people ask if I'm a freshman already, and this is my second year of college. Granted, being short and awkward-looking doesn't help things.
- Perpetual Frowner: To the point where my own friends think I'm incredibly unhappy or always angry, when really I'm just either very deep in thought or minding my own business.
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: Hohoho, yes.
- Shrinking Violet: You will never find me at parties or talking to someone without being spoken to first. In fact I generally like to avoid people when I can, as I have a crippling fear of being berated.
- Stoic Spectacles: Then again, I actively try to show as little emotion as possible when I'm not talking to someone.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Steak. And strawberries, at least according to my dad.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: I actually enjoy doing laundry and vacuuming, but I can't cook worth a darn. I would say I'm modest and demure, but then this would just seem like one big joke, wouldn't it?
Tropes I tend to employ in my stories:
- A Man Is Not a Virgin: If he's the protagonist he certainly is.
- Anachronism Stew: Reserved for Low Fantasy stuff.
- Anti-Villain: Any subordinates of the main antagonist tend to be this.
- Big Screwed-Up Family: Though it's not usually the POV character's family that is big and/or messed up.
- Complete Monster: There is at least one per story, though usually they're not the main antagonist.
- Corrupt Church
- The Dog Was the Mastermind
- Fantastic Racism
- First-Person Smartass
- Gender-Blender Name: One of my (male) characters is named Rika,and another (female) character is named Sean.
- Improbable Age: Though I usually come up with excuses for this.
- Low Fantasy
- Mystery Magnet: Almost all of my main characters attract the wrong kind of crowd.
- Nun Too Holy: Priests and holy knights in my stories tend to step far out of bounds, but get away with a lot either because of family ties, friends, or just because they're good at what they do.
- Our Vampires Are Different
- Our Werewolves Are Different
- Parental Abandonment: Whether their parents are divorced, dead, or both, chances are that this shows up in some form or another.
- Recycled Script: Most of these tropes show up in most everything I do, under almost identical circumstances. Luckily nothing of mine is published, so I can get away with it... for now.
- Screw Destiny
- Steampunk: Because Medieval European Fantasy is soooo last year.
- Urban Fantasy
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Most of my antagonists are this.
Pages I've created:
Things I like way too much: