This page, in a way, is somewhat redundant, since Gintama is a gag series. Nonetheless, there are a few highlights:
- When even a Recap Episode can have you laughing with tears in your eyes, you know you are in for a lot of these.
- "Did you escape from a mental zoo?!"
- Any of the moments that are frightening enough to make Gintoki release his iconic scream of horror.
- Any moment in the anime that plays the jingle Nani Shiten no Kono Nin Tachi. There are plenty, and they're all hilarious.
- From the episode when Gintoki got amnesia:
Shinpachi: "Gin-san! Is Gin-san okay?!"Otose: "DON'T RAISE YOUR VOICE IN A HOSPITAL, YOU DUMBASS!"Kagura: "YOU TOO, YOU OLD FART!"Catherine: "YOU TOO, YOU STUPID BRAT! AND SAME GOES FOR ME!"
- The entire Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Cannon episode. Combine some Innocent Innuendo said by Gintoki, and you get such hilarity that you need to be careful not to break a rib.
- The gokon episode.
- Kagura's rap song.
- After that, Kagura threw a skateboard at Shinpachi's head.
- Episode 50, where the characters suggest improvements to the show. Cue tons of Shout Outs and parodies.
- During the Benizakura Arc, Matako and Kagura have a spitting contest.
- The Shimura home security system in Episode 62 made by Otae-san. Complete with Stalker Obliterating Laser.
- made it wackier when Yamazaki tried to infiltrate it and they saw Kondou and Sarutobi got trapped with it.
- The last victim: Gintoki who is recovering yet from the last episode's injuries, aggravates it by getting trapped by bamboo skewers with Otae-san, Kagura, Sa-chan and Kondou. Cue movements in slow-mo and an epic scream made by Gintoki.
- made it wackier when Yamazaki tried to infiltrate it and they saw Kondou and Sarutobi got trapped with it.
- Episode 65. Yup, another episode where the Yorozuya and the Shinsengumi duke it out. Over beetles.
- During the Bentendo Owee Arc, when everyone is waiting in line for the Bentendo Owee, Musashi mentions that he waited in line for it for three years.
Hijikata: You Zega fans should be quiet and play your Creamcast, stupid. Keep waiting for your sequel to Shenmue, stupid.Okita: I'll keep on waiting no matter what anyone says. I'm sure it will come back.Kondo: Both of you stop it.Hijikata: Keep quiet, you Zony lover.
- Another waiting in line moment with the Yorozuya and the Shinsengumi, including but not limited to; Katsura thinking he's getting a Famicom, Yamazaki playing Kabaddi, the riot inside the store, Katsura dressed as Mario er—Katsuo and Elizabeth as Luigi, Hijikata falling for the disguise as he declares himself to be a Bentendo fan and berates Okita who is a Zega fan as well as Kondo who is a Zony fan with this hilarious quote. And that's just episode 98.
- That line became Hilarious in Hindsight in 2015, when a kickstarter campaign for Shenmue III was officially started, proving Okita right after all.
- Episode 99: The entire Dating Sim game with one way to win is to bonk the heroine first with choices that result in getting the player killed or even dating the heroine's mother. Turns out, bonking means knocking the heroine off the cliff. Then there's pixelated vomit Tetris game. Kondo and Shinpachi had to resort in Button Mashing which breaks the laws of game physics to win their respective games but still lose anyway.
- The entire Dragon Quest parody game that had bugs which effects
HijikataChi*bleep*kasu, named by Okita which means penis scum, starting with only 3 HP and GintokiKintoki being poisoned. Then there's this scene:Hijikata: (seeing Gintoki poisoned]) How pathetic. We'll be moving ahead in this game while you're fooling around. (Walks away and stubs his toe into a sign) Ow. (Dies and becomes a coffin.) WHAT THE—?!
- Gintoki uses the elder as a weapon who becomes a corpse and splits it with Hijikata to fight the bandits. Okita came in with a king that shoots lightning and then Kagura came with the Demon King. The ending... Gintoki takes off his virtual headset to reveal he was beating up Shinpachi while the others beat up everyone else.
- "Health me!" "It's 'help me', got it?"
- "Shape! Shape up now!" "It's 'help me', got it?"
- "Pulp! Pulp Fiction!" "It's 'help me', got it?"
- "Herpes! Herpes me!"
- In an early episode when Katsura is hiding with Ikumatsu and Elizabeth is looking for him, it is wearing a Katsura wig. When somebody approaches it and says that nobody out there looks like Katsura, Elizabeth shoots lasers from her eyes and hurts the poor guy.
- Why you should never drink from a river.
- Katsura as Ill Smith.
- "Yes, we can!"
- "Can you celebrate?"
- "HAAARLEEEY DAVIDSOOOON!!!"
- In the second episode of the Yoshiwara arc, the entire exchange that occurs after Gintoki's Big Damn Heroes moment.
Gintoki: (removes kunai stuck into his head) What are you talking about? I didn't get hit at all.
- Gintoki's perfect scream in episode 153.
- After finally defeating the Red Spider Arc's villain, how does everyone in Yoshiwara get Tsukuyo and Gintoki to relax? By secretly setting up a date the only way a red-light district can. It gets more hilarious when it's revealed that Tsukuyo Can't Hold Her Liquor... at all.
- During the Onmyoji Arc, in the tag team match, a fight of epic proportions is held using... Gintoki's balls. It has to be seen to be believed (or understood at all for that matter).
- How they open up the newest season of Gintama; a Time Skip of all things.
- Shinpachi's reaction to Kondo and Otae getting together.
- Pretty much the whole first half of Episode 205 with Yamazaki going through a Sanity Slippage by eating nothing but Anpan in the past 30 days.
- Day 30 of living on Anpan:
- Episode 210. Pirako being named Birabirabirabirako Man.
- Gintoki fakes getting hurt by patting on the shoulder and even spews blood. Kagura does the same thing too for no reason.
- Episode 216. Everything involving the Patriot.
- Episode 219. The whole Running Gag of the cast borrowing games from a guy named Takeshi and not returning them.
- When the boxer received a compensation from Yamazaki in forms of paper, well... ANPANANPANANPANANPANANPANANPANANPAN
- Episode 220. The secret Biraja spring that increases sex drive, among other things.
- Episode 221 and 222. The monkey's Overly Long Name: "Jugem-Jugem Shit-Tossing The Life Of Shin-chan's Two-Day-Old Underwear Balmung Fezalion Isaac Schneider 1/3True Love 2/3 Hangnail Anxiety Betrayal Knows My Name Or Does It Really Ignore Calls Squid Dogfish Halibut Trout-Cod Dogfish This Is a Different Dogfish,I'm Talking About The Dogfish Shark Kaluga Angler Ray Yuuteimiyaoukimukou Pepepepepepepepepepepepe All's Well That Ends Well Runny Diarrhea".
- Episode 223. The Poop and Ice Cream Radar.
- Episode 224. "There are jellyfish on your shoulders."
- Episode 227. Gintoki and Pinko.
- Kyubei appears... but it's only Tojo's Pinko dressed as her.
- Episode 228. The satire of the "indirect kiss."
Gintoki: Gorilla! You just have a permanent hard-on!
- Kondo as the judge based on the "hard-on factor".
- Okita wins his round by having all of Sayaka obey him.
- Gintoki being rallied by Kondo ala Ashita no Joe.
- The otaku's overreactions to pretty much everything.
- Tojo's round only for him to lose in a Street Fighter minigame by a Shin Shoryuken from the Manager.
- Sa-chan's round with the game hacked in a Dragon Quest style gameplay.
- Okita gets a taste of his own medicine when Sayaka enforces a role reversal!
- The final part of the tournament, Tenchoris!
- The ending. Gintoki is naked and Sa-chan is busy taking pics much to her glee.
- Both Crossover specials with Sket Dance counts.
- Episode 231 takes the gem. Let see... Kagura, Sougo and Isao 'paid respects' to the dead owner; that monk inside of the owner's tomb; and this fun part took it up to eleven when the dick jokes are concerned.
- in the end, they get a wacky bj's.
- Episodes 241 and 242. Made it wackier with Shout outs and other wacky instances like Tsukuyo cannot handle the liquor, the army of trannies and others.
- The rap battle in episode 244.
- Originally there was mass confusion as Sunrise announced the second Gintama anime was going to end. Cue episode 252 wherein the "on the next episode" preview shows the start of the Kintama arc which would have taken more than one episode. Meaning it couldn't be finishing, right? Episode 252 starts and it's the entire cast saying "We're sorry for all the offensive things we've done!" in even more ridiculous and over the top ways. Fans still weren't sure whether to believe the show was finished or not for a few days after that.
- In episode 257, the formerly legendary courtesan Suzuran proudly proclaims herself to still be working and boasts of her technique being as good as the younger girls. She then ends up spitting her false teeth straight at Gintoki's crotch.
"What kind of technique is this?!"
- Also in that episode, the Yorozuya play kick the can with Princess Soyo as an excuse to spy around the castle. Just as Gintoki performs the most epic can-kicking, the shogun appears and immediately gets nailed in the head. More specifically, it slowly grinds against his head, before exploding in the style of a Final Flash beam, to the point of being visible in outer space. Gintoki understandably realizes he's doomed.
- This gem. After Shinpachi gets stranded on a deserted island, he thinks he's all alone, so he tries to make the best of the situation by embracing it, letting loose, and running naked on the beach... before he encounters Hasegawa, who was doing the exact same thing. Embarassed, they decide to ignore it and sympathize over it. It doesn't stop there, as they encounter more characters doing likewise embarassing things: Gintoki trying to fire a Kamehameha, Otae singing "Taiyo no Komachi Angel" (A song by Japanese band B'z) at the top of her lungs, Kyubei drawing an ice cream cone in the sand before a wave comes and erases the bottom part, making look like poop, Kagura seeing a huge cloud in the sky and wondering if the castle of Laputa is up there, and finally Katsura writing "SOS" on the sand... with his piss. Each time, the embarassed character Face Palms as the others try to comfort them, until Gintoki loses his cool at seeing Katsura's antics.
- Hijikata enters a mayonnaise factory and has a pretty wild and weird Imagine Spot about how it's made and packed... but then faces the harsh, boring-ass reality.
- Gintoki and Santa Claus troll Kagura in her sleep.
- Hijikata trying to explain to some kids what policemen on patrol do, but one kid's questions prove especially annoying.
- This scene, which parodies Star Wars. Especially the opening line:
- Okita unleashes a Brown Note. Cue distorted visuals, a Relax-o-Vision, and everyone present going nuts.
- Gintoki and Hijikata desperately need to take a crap, but they're handcuffed together. Hilarity Ensues.
- Chapter 533 brings: When the Alliance is wanting to climb a very high cliff, Kagura have the best idea ever: using the Shinsengumi as stepping stones.
- The first episode of the anime's third revival has Gin apologizing for reviving Gintama in the similar way that assemblyman Ryūtarou Nonomura apologized for misappropriating funds - by bawling like a little baby.
- Any scenes where
Prince BakaPrince Hata does a gag dub in episodes 75 and 175 in all characters with top 10 epic lines, but most notably he did a gag dub for Shinsuke Takasugi.
- In Kurokono Tasuke arc, Gintoki sing the Doraemon theme much to his comrades' disappearance while playing Kick the can with Tasuke Kurokono.
- The entire Dekoboko arc where some of the cast change gender:
- Ginko voiced by Haruka Tomatsu is quite impressive acting the way Tomokazu Sugita did especially some may remember her voice as a certain human alien when Ginko dressed in schoolgirl outfit.
- Everyone (with the exception of Otae) changes gender. What's Shinpachi's case? Only his glasses changes its color to pink. Cue to Ginko, Jyubei and Kagura Dun reaction over this.
- Kondou Isao as a hot babe. Especially Otae STILL hates 'her' the fact she's prettier and bigger boobs than she is. Speaking of which...
- Otae seeing most of the male cast (minus Hijikata) who changes into a female have bigger breast and goes groping their breast; intending to break it off. This
Otae: (To Gender Bender Okito) Your breasts are my enemies!!
- Anytime that Female Hijikata becomes the center of the joke. Literally.
- "No girls acted like this!"