Characters that appear in the Origin of the Keys roleplay. Still very much so a work in progress.
- Sayoko Kurosu-Nikki
Daughter of the leaders of a group of Gaian heroes known as the Brave Buster Brigade, saying Sayoko takes her job seriously as a hero is a bit of an understatement. Enchanted by the deeds her parents have done, both from the stories she's been told, and the things she's seen of them with her very eyes, Sayoko yearned to do her duty as a soldier and a hero, following her parents footsteps. Then came the day when she was unexpectedly thrust into that position. When the Heartless went after her instead of her parents, she gained her very own Key. From that day forward, she has been learning at the Academy how to better use the abilities she's gained... However, every now and then she notices that she can see colors go rather wild... Of course, she believes this and the name of her Key are pure coincidence.
- All-Loving Hero: Downplayed. She's quick to judge certain people as being good or bad, but if she notices a genuinely good quality in a seemingly "bad" person, she'll try to bring it out... Through words or battle. And she'll always try to help or befriend people she thinks needs something as little as just some company for lunch.
- Badass in Distress — The Big Bad of Guilty Crown kidnapped her after a Leeroy Jenkins assault on him gave him the opportunity to throw her into a portal.
- Bad Liar: Her body and its features are impressively expressive depending on her emotions, which makes it impossible for her to lie about her feelings. See below.
- Break the Cutie — The above Badass in Distress moment led her to have her Heart invaded by Guilty Crown's Big Bad Daath, so that he could [[PowerCopying extract her Void, which for Keybearers means that a replica of their Key and all its abilities usable by the wielder is drawn out of them. Since she did not consent, she begged, pleaded, and screamed for him not to go through with it, but to no avail. She was left a sobbing wreck, and even threatened to take a path toward revenge against him, only finally snapped out by her friends assuring her that everything would be alright.
- Calling Your Attacks: ULTIMATE! SAYOKO! KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!
- Everything's Better with Rainbows: Her eyes, clothes, Key, and attacks are so very, very full of color.
- Everything's Better with Spinning: Her Rainbow Corkscrew attack.
- Expressive Hair with Antennae: It can act matching her mood, getting extremely jagged if she feels agitated, or fall completely straight if she's depressed or disappointed. Normally it's got a slight puff to it (meaning it doesn't go straight down) to match her energy. The antennae perk up when she's curious.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Chromaforce is capable of generating swords for Sayoko's use, but she tends to start out with just using punches and kicks with the armor itself augmenting them. Her first Limit Break is an Ultimate Kick.
- Instant Armor: Subverted. Her Key is a set of armor that is summoned through magic, though it's not instant. She has to loudly shout her Key's name, and wait for the armor to slowly materialize. She's prone to an attack during this, causing the materialization to halt, leaving her partially armored. In that case, she has to dispel the current armor, and start the process over again. She takes this to mean she is(and she has indeed aspired to be) a...
- Henshin Hero—The obvious motif of her Chromaforce Key-armor.
- It Runs in the Family: Her parents are not only Keybearers, but they uphold the whole Henshin Hero thing as well and are a massive influence on Sayoko's own tendencies.
- Justice Will Prevail
- Kaleidoscope Eyes: They change depending on her emotion. Brown is neutral. Red is for passion and anger, and blue is for more sober emotions. Purple fuses the two, yellow is for fear, and green is for a tranquil calm. [[Retcon Though this feature has since been removed due to her creator finding it to be a superfluous and bad idea.]]
- Large Ham: Makes lots, and lots of speeches that go this route. She needs everyone to know of her BURNING HEART.
- Magnetic Hero: Sayoko seems to possess an amazing ability for charm and charisma. Her ability to inspire people, and her general happiness and caring nature has rapidly gained her friends and admirers alike.
- Mid-Season Upgrade: After regaining her Heroic Resolve through the Power of Friendship at the critical moment in the final battle against Daath, Sayoko unlocks Chromaforce' "Brave 2" mode, which gives her Flight, increased power, and several new toys, which more than helps against the foe with the help of BG... until the next time they fight Daath.
- Rapunzel Hair: Not long after her introduction, though, it was partially burned and the sides cut off, so now she just has a Rapunzel Ponytail.
- The Power of Friendship: Her Key literally becomes more powerful through this.
- Traumatic Haircut: She was quite proud of her ankle-length hair, but when part of it was burned off in an accident, she reacted quite hard.
World: Albion (By Citizenship, Original)
Key: Generation Shift
Class: Ranger/Black Mage
A robot built by a Keyblade Academy alumnus. The headmaster built her "mother" Hrist-01, and in turn she built Gunnr some years later. But Gunnr too gained a Keyblade, just recently, while visiting her best friend Arthuria at her homeworld of Albion. This was a few months ago, and she has since come to the Academy to hone her skills just as her mother did, hoping this will be a very fun experience. The main problems that have come from Gunnr in her time at the Academy so far stem from her drive for victory—too often she's endangered teammates during combat practice to fulfill an objective, and so far she's not learned her lesson. The Academy staff is keeping a close watch on her, as such methods may lead to Darkness…
- Arm Cannon: Her Key. The canon is about 3 ft. long, attatched to her armor or a gauntlet. Pulling a trigger allows her to shoot blasts of magical energy, in a rifle-like function. Attached to the arm canon is essentially a 6 ft. long laser bayonet. But when she activates her Combat Mode Drive it becomes...
- BFG: An enormous nine and a half foot arm-mounted anti-tank cannon with an even larger bayonet!
- Artificial Human
- Bear Hug: Prone to this, but sometimes forgets how strong she is... and how not-so-durable humans are... She means well though, and will never take it too far.
- Genki Girl
- Magitek: She's made of incredibly advanced technology, powered by magic, and she is able to use magic as well.
- Powered Armor: She's covered in thin, futuristic plating from neck-to-toe, and even wears a matching helmet from time to time. The set also has magic scanners built in, and is able to assist Gunnr in casting spells. She wears this armor almost perpetually, though she might have to take it off in cases where it would be too conspicuous in a world where going undercover is concerned.
- Pragmatic Hero: She's very emotional and friendly under normal circumstances, but during battle she's capable of turning off her emotions, and if that happens, she may start endangering her allies if a certain solution can lead to a quicker victory.
- Robot Girl/Ridiculously Human Robot
- Statuesque Stunner: Currently the tallest girl in the Class C at 6'1'', and she's got quite a figure underneath her armor.
World: Nightlands (Original)
Key: Lunatic Bloom
- Carmilla Tepes de Dracula II
The Princess of the Nightlands, a world full of various creatures of horror and fantasy, Carmilla II is descended from a group of humans who fought demons and consumed their flesh, becoming demonic beings themselves. Their lineage spawned the very first Trueblood Vampires, lead by the former human Dracula Tepes. When Carmilla II was attacked by Heartless, and awakened to a Keyblade, alongside her friend Yorihiko, and their parents all immediately sent them to the Academy to train, as they all knew they'd be doing something important. Carmilla's pride over being a princess is only offset by her humility and courtesy towards people of other worlds not familiar with her own.
- A-Cup Angst: Though she's a shapeshifter, she's a bit jealous towards others who have a naturally bigger bust than her.
- Cool Sword: Her sword is a saber with several lunar motifs. It's much more powerful at night
- Dark Is Not Evil: She might be the princess of a dark and demonic world, but she's quite friendly and loyal to her allies.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire
- Horned Humanoid: A pair of medium-sized blue ram-like horns on her head.
- Kiss of the Vampire: She's courteous enough to ask her allies if she can feed on them first, and the process is relatively harmless save for a bit of a prick on the neck. Some people have actually reacted quite... positively to being fed on.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Formerly a group of humans who fought demons, they took on demonic traits after consuming their flesh and became Vampires, starting the race of Truebloods Carmilla descends from. They can shapeshift at will, and victims of Vampire bites don't become Vampires themselves.
- Solar and Lunar: Her Keyblade is full of a very Crescent moon motif. She is a Vampire, after all.
- Voluntary Shapeshifter: She can manipulate much of her appearance, to the point of looking like an ordinary human.
- Winged Humanoid: Interestingly enough, she only has one wing on her back most of the time, though she can make another wing at will if she wants to.
World: Nightlands (Original)
Key: Eternal Devote
Class: Dragoon/Black Mage
- Yorihiko Yamano del Este
Yorihiko Yamano is the son of another Keyblade Academy alumnus, Yoriko Kuzunoha, whom had him with her longtime love and childhood friend, the vampire noble Kiyomori Yamano. Due to the friendships his parents had, he's close to Carmilla and Gardenia in turn, and as a vampire is quite devoted to the former as a bodyguard of sorts. He doesn't have many ambitions other than serving Carmilla II, and eliminating the Heartless.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: Gives one to Luluvi as she almost dies in his arms.
- Birds of a Feather: With Tyra. This is why he thinks they shouldn't be together. They have been through many similar hardships, but the negativities of that connection are at the forefront more than the positives.
- Blade on a Stick: His Key, Eternal Devote. It's quite ornate, as it has a metal bat at the bottom end of the pole, and a horned demon head at the speartip, with a bat wing-shaped blade having a pair of spikes as the Key's "teeth."
- Declaration of Protection: His attitude towards Carmilla. She's not exactly happy about it, but puts up with it anyway.
- Empathic Healer: His Key's ability, Spirit Link, employs this.
- Half-Human Hybrid
- Like Brother and Sister: How Yorihiko and Carmilla view their relationship with each other.
- Uptight Loves Wild: It might be a stretch to call Yorihiko uptight, but he didn't really believe he could achieve his dreams until he realized why he liked Luluvi, who's more wild than he.
- Your Universe or Mine?: While he and Luluvi quickly both caught on they were thinking a bit too far ahead, he'd certainly prefer hers over his—or at least, the city he lived in.
: Female Age
: 14 Race
: Human World
: Roshar (The Stormlight Archive
: Lightbringer Class
: Berserker/Time Mage
Syrys' world is currently embroiled in war due to an assassination. This didn't affect Syrys, a peasant girl in a country village from a large family, until the darkness arrived. She awakened to her Keyblade at this point – A similar model to the 'Shardblades' that (usually noble) people owned and won in fights from each other on her world, and were worth a king's ransom and then some. Her eyes went from a dark, murky brown to a violet, as she became a 'Lighteyes', a noble. She was taken from her family by the lord of the area she lived in, and raised as his daughter, though it was mostly a lie to bully her and take her Shardblade for himself. The Academy took her away and is now teaching her despite her lack of enthusiasm for being a fighter.
- BFS: Her Key is an enormous Greatsword. However, it is weightless. Nonetheless, Syrys' mindset and her lack of skill with it overall avert Implausible Fencing Powers... For now.
- Fish out of Water: Her in comparison even to the other Keybearers. Deliberate Values Dissonance all around.
- Gravity Master: Can manipulate gravity to suit her needs, up to and including walking on walls and ceilings without a strictly conscious effort.
- Stay in the Kitchen: Her personal view on herself—women on her homeworld aren't allowed to fight, and even though she has a weapon, she was more of a political tool before the Academy found her.
Race: Predominantly Human
World: Albion (Original)
- Arthuria Pendragon
A princess on her world, Arthuria modeled herself after one of her D&D characters after being bored one day. She decided to take up the less knight-like dagger fighting techniques, and was disappointed when her parents encouraged her to bend the rules for her own benefit. She was taught by Lancelot's eldest grandson, Alystair du Lac, who was not a little bit smitten with her (and continues to be). She discovered her Key alongside her childhood friend Pandora, a few weeks later than her other friend Gunnr.
- Expy: It's easy to assume she might be one of a certain other Arthuria Pendragon, though their powers and personalities are quite different in a few ways. Some semblance was probably intentional though. In-story, her Key is actually an expy for the actual Excalibur of her world.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Her mother was half-Draconic, and her father was a quarter Fae, meaning Arthuria is 5/8 human.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Invoked, with her Accuracy runes.
- Knife Nut: Interestingly, her Excalibur is not is a Cool Sword, but rather a set of golden daggers that Arthuria can throw.
- Powers as Programs: The way that magic on her world works is that all human magic is cast by nanomachines inside their blood, since humans can't cast their own magic. This can lead to unfortunate consequences if they use it too much.
- Rebellious Princess: Played with. Arthuria tried to be rebellious, but since her mother is a Rebellious Queen, it kind of meant that anything she tried to do against her parents' wishes, ended up being what they wanted for her anyway.
: Female Age
: 17 Race
: Human World
: Scadrial (Mistborn
: Glassdust Heart Class
Tyra is a Mistborn from her world - One who can ingest metals of different types and use their power to create various magical effects. She is of Skaa (poor) and Noble heritage, making her something of an anathema to her society, which does everything it can to prevent the two classes from breeding together. She escaped this stigma by fleeing her father's house when it was found out that her mother wasn't a Noble. Her Key awakened when fleeing from a Steel Inquisitor, and kept her alive as she escaped to the Skaa Undergroud. She lived there for a while, using her powers to steal from Nobles, before she was found as a Keybearer and brought to the Academy.
: Female Age
: 15 Race
: Human World
: Suikoden Key
: Rune Shooter Class
: Fighter/Red Mage
- Renee Fournier
Renee was a simple farm girl turned recruit in the Falena militia around a year ago, wanting to strive to be her best, and show that the new generation could take over, regardless of birth or station. However, luck wasn't on her side, as Heartless attacked in the few missions she was on until she awakened as a Keyblad wielder as well, and was quickly brought to the Suikoden Academy for training. After her first year at the Suikoden Academy, Renee had earned herself an opportunity to travel to the Dark City Academy, considered to be where the best students went. She felt guilty about leaving her comrades and her family, not to mention her nation behind, but to her surprise, they gave their blessing despite how she believed she was neglecting them. With their faith in her, she boldly left for the new Academy, convinced to try even harder. Little did she know what laid in wait for her.
- Doppelgänger Attack: One of her Runes allows her to creates an illusionary copy of herself, confounding the opponent and giving Renee an opportunity to make a critical strike. Leaves her dizzy though.
- Kiss of the Vampire: Was on the receiving end of this through Carmilla, and reacted quite positively towards it. The two end up even becoming something of a couple.
- Lethal Chef: She made rice balls for her friends after a hard day's work. She herself thinks that they taste fine. Said rice balls were actually glowing an unhealthy shade of green, and some characters lampshade that this can't end well. Most everyone else who eats them save for three people are immediately knocked out, and one of those three clings to pride long enough before she too is rendered unconscious. Renee sheepishly reveals afterward she used "everything" as an ingredient.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Shock and Awe: Another Rune she possesses employs the use of Suikoden lightning magic.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: While the Rune of Order isn't inherently evil, it has Black and White Morality, thus leading Renee to sometimes do things beyond her control. Though if their desires align, it's far more benign, if still thoroughly destructive.
: Female Age
: 17 Race
: Revyatail World
: Ar Ciel (Ar tonelico
: Magnum Opus Class
A Reyvateil from the newly restored world of Ar Ciel, Sonata and her family were one of the first to descend from the Sol Ciel Tower and explore the land that had been considered all but lost for eons. However, they encountered a new threat upon treading across that land: the Heartless. Managing to escape, a fate many others were not fortunate to receive, Sonata enlisted with the Church and Apostles of Elemia, who had begun leading teams down to the surface to clear the Heartless out. During a battle against both the Heartless and hopeless odds, she begged for there to be a way to win against them. That moment, her Key came to her, making her Song magic as effective as the rounds she fired. Soon after, members of the Academy came to Ciel and sought her out, explaining that she had a valuable attribute - that of being a Keywielder.
- Artificial Human: Revyatails fall under this category, being a created species.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Not just blonde, lemon yellow!
- Heroic BSOD: After Makoto left her, she's thoroughly depressed, though making two new friends has tempered that somewhat.
- Magic Music: Reyvateils are people with the appropriate genetic makeup allowing them to manifest their emotions, desires, and imagination into tangible effects through song. Most Reyvateils have similar low level Songs, but as they grow in power and deal with their emotions and themselves, their magic becomes extremely reflective of who they are as a person. Also see below.
- Playboy Bunny: Dresses as one as she sings a brief song while tries to promote her band.
- The Pollyanna: Tries her best to play this straight, though subverts it a little. She stays positive, but isn't exactly immune to darker emotions. She even feels somewhat burdened by the responsibility of very likely being Ar Ciel's only Keybearer, but tries to stay positive in spite of it due to believing it's no use to be sad or depressed.
- The Power of Rock: Her Key is a guitar of all things, a mighty axe with four wings on it. Magnum Opus demands that the best show possible always be put on, that Sonata always rock out as hard as she can. In exchange, it has the ability Ethereal Synchronicity - the four wings on the guitar will split while Sonata is doing Song Magic and create a magical band full of her copies - another guitarist, a base player, a drummer, and a synthesizer, all so Sonata herself can keep on pouring her heart out. The guitar transform into a canon to shoot beams.
Class: Time Mage/Monk
A white haired girl from the stormworld of Lycia, Fianna was a former member of a paclan, a society of people whom had in ancient times bound themselves to the different spirits, or 'Geists' of animals - Fianna's paclan chose to make a contract with wolfgeists - otherwise both human and wolf would have been wiped out. After making contact with a scouter craft from the Academy, she was banished from her clan for heretical actions - and so she went with the 'Tail-less' people.
- Aliens Speaking English: Played with in Fianna's case - her actual language sounds like a series of barks and growls, and using their bodies much like a canine would communicate. She has a collar translator around her neck that converts what she says into 'Common,' as well as translate what other say. It's not perfect however.
- Aura Vision: Part of her world's magic with Geists, which normally allows the manipulation of elements. However, Fianna allegedly sucks at it. It hasn't been stated exactly WHAT a Geist looks like either.
- Blood Knight: Has some shades of it. After her fight with Caster during a training exercise, she expressed relief at finally finding an opponent who couldn't break as easily like everyone else.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Can come off as this, though here it's less of a case of being strange and more of a case of just not coming from a world that has things like... even swords.
- Fish out of Water: Possibly the most extreme case in regards to technology; Fianna's civilization is roughly equivalent to the Stone Age.
- In a Single Bound: Typically likes to jump around in combat, and that's WITHOUT considering the power she gets from her Lycian form OR accelerating herself through Siderealing.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: And how! Rather than the traditional lycanthrope, Fianna possesses a puppy form, a normal wolf form, her dog-eared and tailed humanoid form, and her fullblown Lycian form, a hulking nine foot tall beast part man, part wolf, part... something.
- Shrinking Violet: Very timid around anyone if she isn't familiar with them, and even then it's not much of an improvement.
- Played with - The sheer anxiety she feels in being in such an alien world (to her) leads to this. Once put into a storm however, she becomes a lot more upbeat and excitable.
- Time Master: Comes naturally to Fianna, with her own magic and her class.
- Time Is Dangerous: Very much so in her case, she can only accelerate herself so far before her body begins to break. And that's before she hits something.
- With calculations done off the forum, Fianna can 'safely' accelerate herself to three or four times normal speed - she blacks out at twelve times.
- Universal Translator: Her collar.
: Female Age
: 11 Race
: Succubus World
: Makai (Darkstalkers
: Splendor Love Class
: Black Mage
- Fóla Aensland
A rather distant niece to the famed Morrigan Aensland, Fóla is the young but capable adviser to the ruler of the Makai. She is widely regarded as something of an oddity within the rather hedonistic culture of Succubi, due to her actually maintaining a moral sense of abstinence. Fóla is still well-liked by the head of the Aensland clan for her rather moral grounding, and through that earned her position in Makai's court. One day, while Fóla was heading towards the castle, she was beset by several Heartless. It was there that her Key, Splendor Love, came to her. Morrigan sees the Heartless as an omen to a greater danger, and agrees to send her adviser off to the Academy, in spite of Fóla's protests. Little does she know she's going to be having quite the internal conflict with her own self, and being around humans is going to be tough work for her...
- Assist Character: None other than Lilith Aensland.
- Foil: When interacting with others, unlike Fóla, and what her much more innocent appearance may imply, Lilith has no such self control over being extremely seductive towards others, and she uses quite a few double entendres when speaking to anyone. Though they show a friendship, Fóla and Lilith are also shown to be opposites in several senses. Fóla in particular treats Lilith like an annoying younger sister, despite the latter being the older one of the pair.
- Bad Powers, Good People: Deconstructed. She's resisting her body's natural lust and turning to other methods to survive, including taking people's dreams. However, because she's resisting herself so much, this subsequently makes her weaker, and at a big fraction of true potential. Because she is still very young, especially for a Succubus, there is a possibility she might eventually lose the fight against her body and turn to lust to survive, which is a parameter for losing her Key altogether.
- Can't Have Sex, Ever: If that happens, she'll kill her partner, something she fervently wants to prevent. On top of that, she'll need to avoid this if she wants to stay in the academy, death of someone aside; if she loses her abstinence, she loses her Key and her entire purpose in staying in the academy in the first place.
- Cute Monster Girl
- Dark Is Not Evil: She's might be a member of a Demonic species that absorbs the life force of humans, but Fóla is quite easily the lightest of any Succubus in the Darkstalkers series.
- Demonic Possession: While Fóla and Lilith are sharing the same body, the latter can sometimes take over the former's body. Lilith can be decidedly more aggressive and more seductive than what Fóla would be, and she verbally lashed out at Jack for depriving her of potential souls.
- Horny Devils: Subverted. She is biologically one, though she actually *resists* her body's urges in order to stay abstinent and avoid killing people in the conventional process of obtaining "stimuli" to live.
- Kaleidoscope Hair and Eyes: She can manipulate them at will, intended to appeal to certain peoples' tastes, though mostly done just to amuse herself.
- Meaningful Name: Derived from Fódla, a tertiary goddess of Ireland. Some sources say that Fódla was a worshipper of the Mórrígan, to whom Morrigan Aensland owes her namesake.
- Naïve Newcomer: She's never spoken to a fully awake human before she got to the academy, she's uneducated in human culture and customs, and Succubi culture is very... different, causing her to get into some rather embarrassing situations.
- Power Floats
- Shape Shifter Weapon + Morph Weapon: Her wings, and her bats, which often are used to make her Key's physical shape and function adapt to a variety of situations.
- Stripperiffic: Averted. She actually likes her Academy uniform because it's more modest than what most Succubi can imagine to wear. And whenever she makes her own clothes, they're also very modest compared to outfits worn by Morrigan.
- Virgin Power: Played straight and inverted. Her own purity is how she was able to obtain a Key in the first place, giving her the powers it possesses. At the same time however, since she is a Succubus, being a virgin is akin to death. She'd could be a much more powerful Succubus, quite possibly on the level of a Physical God, if she weren't a virgin. But if that were to occur, she would lose her abilities as a Keybearer.
- Wave Motion Gun: She transforms her Key into a laser canon and shoots off a laser that is essentially the Soul Eraser.
- Winged Humanoid: Along with an extra pair of miniaturized, presumably decorative ones on her head.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair: In spite of the Kaleidoscope tropes above, her "natural" hair color is purple. Bonus points since her eyes are naturally purple too.
- Younger Than They Look: Succubi gain a fully curvacious figure at around 10 years of age, and keep this form the rest of their lives. Some characters have expressed their jealousy.
Although Alice may look like a teenager, the fact is that she has been dead for far longer. Her previous life and how long she has been dead is unknown to her, as well as to how she died or why she is a ghost in the first place. Her earliest memory was awakening inside a graveyard, as a ghost, dressed in a maid outfit and clutching a stuffed cat toy. The tombstone she was standing in front of was old and faded, but it clearly had her name etched on it. As for the dates of her birth and death, those were completely illegible.
To make matters worse, she found that she couldn't leave the confines of the small graveyard. No matter how hard she tried she couldn't break free and was on the verge of crying when suddenly the Heartless attacked her. While the claws of the strange monsters didn't seem to faze her, the elemental spells that the magic-wielding ones did, and painfully so. After being cornered by the monsters, the world seemed to be getting darker to Alice, but it was not meant to be. A keyblade appeared in her hands, and with it, a means to defend herself. Though she was unaccustomed to using such a weapon she managed to fight off and eventually defeat her attackers. The victory seemed hollow to her however, as she was still bound to the graveyard, or so she thought. A few days after her battle, she was visited by people from the Academy, and was told that since she wielded a keyblade she could attend the school, despite the fact she was a ghost and would no longer be bound to the graveyard if she accepted. She gladly did, though unsure how other students might greet a ghost...
: Male Age
: 155 Race
: Shinigami World
: Soul Society (Bleach
: Ten no Ikari Class
: Fighter/Black Mage
- Daiki Hikarimoto
A Shinigami of the 7th Squad in the 13 Court Guard Squads, or Gotei 13. An unseated soldier stuck on patrol duty, Daiki was a relatively happy guy all things considered. He takes great pride as a member of the 7th Court Guard Squad, and absolutely adores his Captain. Some time after the Ryoka invasion and Sosuke Aizen's betrayal, groups of Heartless revealed themselves within the Rukongai, terrorizing its citizens. Daiki was among the detachment send to deal with the problem, and miraculously, his Zanpakuto revealed its name to him, and its nature as a Key. Eventually taken in by the Academy, most of what Daiki does is in the name of his Squad waiting for him back at the Seireitei.
- Ascended Fanboy: Captain Sajin Komamura of the 7th Squadron saved Daiki's life one day while on assignment as a student in Shinigami Academy. He's admired him ever since, and managed to get into his squad.
- Calling Your Attacks: Justified a bit since in Bleach, calling out your attacks strengthens the attacks power. Daiki's includes:
- Cool Shades: Invoked since he whips them out when he wants to look cool. Taught to him by his Lieutenant in the 7th Squad, who also runs the Shinigami Men's Association. He ironically doesn't wear them into battle though, in spite of their probable practicality due to his powers.
- Empathic Weapon: While all Keys share this trait, Daiki's is very notable since it is a Zanpakuto, and as such has a spirit living within the blade. He needs to communicate and get to know this spirit if he's going to master his Zanpakuto any time soon.
- Flash Step: His Shunpo.
- Heroes Love Dogs: In no small part due to his Captain's influence.
- Honor Before Reason
- Large Ham: Not to Sayoko's extent, but still notable. Sometimes invoked since Daiki thinks it's cool. He went to the trouble of coming up with a dramatic Haiku to go with his Zanpakuto's release command, for the sake of sounding awesome.
- Light 'em Up: His Zanpakuto focuses on manipulating light offensively. The scope of this power is rather broad, usually manifesting in the form of heated sword beams or electricity. He's also shown to create temporary light barriers as well though.
- Martial Arts Headband: He wears a white Hachimaki with his squad's emblem on the front.
- Man in White: While attempting gain "modern" clothes to wear while in modern societies, in contrast to his archaic Shinigami Kimono, he finds a set of clothing that resembles a white Japanese school uniform. Combined with a black dress shirt, he finds the color inversion to his uniform to be attractive, and when he puts it on, Sayoko describes him looking like a real "High School Hero."
- Meaningful Name: His surname, Hikarimoto, means something akin to, "base of the light."
- Mundane Utility: Following the time he learned his Zanpakuto's name, but before he was admitted into the Academy, his primary use of his Key was to use it as a flashlight. Ten no Ikari was not amused.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Defied. The creator of Daiki specifically wanted to make a Shonen-esque hero wearing glasses, to prove a point that glasses don't make you a smart, stoic, calculating individual.
- Specs of Awesome
- Warrior Poet: Attempts to invoke this by writing Haiku for calling out his Zanpakuto.
- Lulutivi "Luluvi" Frixell
Bio: Born the great-grandaughter of the great(?) alchemist Rorolina Frixell, Lulutivi's goal was to become a great alchemist herself. The only problem was, there wasn't any more around. Technology had essentially rendered alchemy obsolete, and there were no longer any alchemists of note that could disprove this notion, as all the famous ones had passed on. All she had to go on was the notebooks and recipes left by Rorona. To make matters worse, a lot of the instructions didn't seem to make much sense, which resulted in a very messy workshop most of the time. Still, she managed to be able to create the basic items of an alchemist- namely crude bombs and healing salves.
One day, a nearby village was under attack by strange monsters, and Luluvi rushed to help. When she arrived, she saw a large number of strange black creatures that she had never seen before. Although her bombs seemed to damage the creatures to some degree, it was apparent that she didn't have nearly enough to finish the job. Surrounded by the creatures, Luluvi suddenly had a key-like staff of some sort appear in her hands. Before she knew what was going on, a bright light surrounded her and she found herself flying in the air in a witch outfit. While bewildered at what was going on, she noticed her bag was now filled with bombs, and she took the opportunity to lob them at the enemy, safely defeating them before reverting back to her normal self.
That evening, strange people arrived and invited Luluvi to join the Academy, where she would be able to learn and practice Alchemy, as well as how to fight the strange creature that she learned were called the Heartless. She leaped at the chance, taking the time to say goodbye to her friends and family before leaving, having no idea of the adventure that was waiting for her.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Partially deconstructed. During her first gathering session with Yorihiko and Tyra, it got so bad that the former yelled at her and the latter holds a severe dislike of her to this day.
- The Ditz: Like you wouldn't believe. Somehow she manages to lose Alice in her Bag of Holding. Multiple times.
- Ditzy Genius: For all her clumsiness, she's in fact quite good at Alchemy.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: ALMOST, with Yorihiko. Thankfully, the Mana of Death averted it at the last moment.
- First Girl Wins
- Heroic Sacrifice: Downplayed. She used Drain on Alice to heal her, even though she was in far from top physical condition herself, knowing the full implications of such a thing. But she regardless wanted to help her friend.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Also downplayed. When Yorihiko realized that she was far from okay after he accepted Tyra's date, she regardless told him not to break it off, since neither of them were really sure what they wanted. But she got him even then.
- Lethal Chef: Played with. When eating Renee's orbs of death( They're rice balls), she recounts a time she made a pie with "every flavor" just like said rice balls, and she loved it(and the rice balls by extension), but it sent everyone else to the hospital.
- Oblivious to Love: Admittedly, Yorihiko is a bit subtle, but she is still blind to the fact he's attracted to her. But no longer. And the feeling is mutual.
Class: Berserker/Green Mage
- Ronka Rosas
Grindworks City is a very harsh place to raise a child, crime and violence run rampant, and some people would rather leave their kids at a city orphanage than bother trying to raise them on their own. Luckily, Ronka's father wasn't one of those people; but being the only daughter of Grindworks City's most infamous bounty hunter was not easy. She was expected to take on the mantle of the family business, but in spite of her respect to him she refuses to stoop to his level to earn a living. So instead of bounty hunting, she got a job in Law Enforcement, a position she earned easily enough. By the time she turned 19, she was out on a patrol with a squad of fellow cadets when they encountered Heartless attacking civilians. After hours of a seemingly hopeless battle, her Key spoke to her, very loudly and harshly, giving her the final boost to push forward and eliminate every last Heartless. While waking up confused as those she had just saved, a "school from another world", arrived and explained Ronka of her situation and offered a place at their Academy so she can learn how to control her Keyblade. At the urging of her peers and superiors, Ronka agreed to go to Dark City Academy, but she hopes to return and finish her police training.
: Female Age
: 18 Race
: Human World
: Nasuverse Key
: Espee Azoth Rapiere Class
: Black Mage
- Francesca Victoire
The next heir in line of the longstanding Victoire Magus family, Francesca perhaps inherits her father's pride and was drilled to take it under extremes. Noted as being exceptionally strong both physically and magically at a young age, her father eagerly put her into an intense personal training regiment to become a great Magus, and continuing the family's line of excellent Thaumaturgy. Believing themselves to be linked to am aristocratic family, the Victoires were given many resources throughout the Mage's Association. For 16 years, she was forced into a daily training regiment, constantly training her magecraft in order to meet the father's high expectations. She was forced into a reclusive life filled with nothing but the aspiration of becoming the perfect Magus. That changed when Francesca was forced into a Holy Grail War, after a mistake by her father disgraced the family and estranged them from the Mage's Association, causing him to retaliate. This dreadful turn in her life would soon offer her an escape: After summoning her Servant, Caster, her own Azoth Sword revealed its true nature as a key to her. Offered refuge in the Keyblade Academy, Francesca eagerly accepted and took Caster with her.
- The Ace: Reconstructed. She was well aware that her father's lifelong and constant pressuring her to become a perfect Magus would likely destroy any means of her having a happy life to the point of thinking she was beyond redemption, but she continued on simply because she perceived she had no other choice but to bend to his wishes. Now that she's outside of his influence, and perhaps finding more encouraging reasons to become The Ace, she strives for perfection once more, but for reasons she can feel proud of, and even happy for once.
- Amplifier Artifact: Her Key, which is an Azoth Sword (a common gift from the Mage's Association to act as power amplifiers). Shaped like a rapier, and more useful in combat, the sword still serves its primary function as a means of storing Prana, as well as amplifying Francesca's magecraft.
- Badass Bookworm: Books are her only solace and escape from most of her world's crappiness, and she can almost always be found in the library. She's also arguably one of the class's best practitioners in Black Magic of any sort.
- Born in the Wrong Century: Subverted. She has some very odd taste in fashion, opting for clothes from the 16th, 17th, and 18th centuries. It allows her to feel in touch with eras her family was much more noble. But other than that, she's quite normal, and is actually very tech-savvy compared to other people in the Mage's Association, having as good an understanding of computers as an average person would.
- Calling Your Attacks: Whether they be offensive spells or more mundane ones, Francesca's justification for this trope (including making up names for other spells don't have their own invocation) is that she requires great concentration when channeling Prana, and if her mind flutters for a moment, her spell will either lose effectiveness or create a different outcome altogether. Verbally saying the spell's name helps Francesca in focusing that spell.
- Cuteness Proximity: She falls victim to this whenever she is near a Shinki, causing her to act rather uncharacteristically. She tries her damned hardest to keep composure when near one.
- Child Prodigy: Deconstructed, as she has major emotional issues with being treated as such her whole life.
- Elemental Powers: She shows great skill in manipulating the elements and aspires to become an Average One, what the Mage's Association labels as one who has mastered all five elements. Tohsaka Rin is one such Average One. Francesca currently manipulates wind, fire, and earth.
- Gratuitous French: She's a French Magus, and has been predominantly utilizing spells her family has been using for years, which is why her spellcasting is in French.
- How Do I Shot Web?: Played with. While a capable Magus, her initial attempts at learning the magic of [[Light Novel/Slayers Ceifeed]] didn't go so well, as it uses an entirely different system, terminology, and elements she's presently unfamiliar with. But with a little practice, she was able to successfully cast an Elmekia Lance.
- Intelligence Equals Isolation
- Lady of Black Magic
- Nice Hat: She wears a red Renaissance style beret with white feather plumes. The roleplayers themselves have taken notice of how nice such a hat must be.
- Pragmatic Hero
- Proper Lady
- Royal Rapier: It should be obvious that a Key with a name like Espee Azoth Rapiere takes the shape of this.
- The Spock
- Stoic Spectacles: Pince-nez, no less.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: She's grown cold towards people due to her upbringing, but if given the chance, she'll express her want to try and learn to be a friendlier person. This is shown in her very first meeting with a group of students, to whom she talked to as if looking down on them, some of them growing quite spiteful of her for it. After that group leaves, she meets a Shinki, whom Francesca is much friendlier with, noting how actually talking with a fully autonomous doll (a childhood fantasy of hers) can make her feel like a little girl again.
: Male Age
: ??? Race
: Servant World
: Nasuverse Class
: White Mage
Francesca Victoire's Servant. Almost any and all information about his past is kept a secret, a very intentional move made by both him and his Master. He's early on to be revealed as a former soldier who sees every student in the Academy as a very idealized kind of soldier. He has some sense of regret over the fighting he's done in his past, though he doesn't cling to that regret. He holds respect for his Master, and thinks that they're both not so different, but Francesca has much to learn still about being a Magus, a leader, and probably most important of all, a person. His ethnicity seems to be Chinese, due to the style of sword he wields as well as speaking in some Chinese phrases.
- Badass Beard
- He's one of only three people capable of eating Renee's rice balls without being rendered unconscious. He then proceeds to eat some of everyone else's while he lectures that it's not good to waste food.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Subverted. He notes his normal personality is a lot like Francesca's, which involves a lot of stoicism, but he has a much better grasp on social skills than she does. In order to encourage her to get out of her shell, he tries to invoke this trope at times, especially when around groups of people.
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep: Like in Fate/stay night, Caster uses his Servant class as his identity. Likewise, he always addresses Francesca as "Master".
- Familiar: Fits the humanoid version of this trope, though Nasuverse terminology strictly identifies Servants as being much more powerful than mere Familiars.
- Field Power Effect: Casters have the power to do this with their Territory Creation skill. The Caster in this Roleplay manifests this firsthand by transforming the battlefield into a snowy blizzard, in order to combat a monster that wields fire.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: He says a few of his spells with Chinese phrases.
- Lawful Neutral: Like other Servants, he comes with an in-universe alignment.
- Magical Asian
- The Obi-Wan: He constantly establishes that while he might be a Servant to Francesca, he's also serving as her mentor in many ways. He even helps others with encouraging words of wisdom wherever he can. Given that he is a Servant that specializes in magic beyond the capabilities of humans, and he's seen and done things many modern people can't compare imagine, he definitely has a lot to teach people.
- Older Than They Look: He's noted as having the appearance of a youthful warrior in the late 20's range, but being a Servant means most definitely comes from a different time period. Caster himself forgets how long it's been since he was alive, pondering if it was hundreds or thousands of years ago.
- Servile Snarker
- Squishy Wizard: Greatly downplayed. He's physically very weak by Servant standards, and is the weakest of the classes, but is still much stronger than most of the other Key wielders. On top of that, he knows how to handle himself in hand to hand combat.
Huojin was born to a noble family in the Fire Nation in the world known as The Elemental Lands, and bent his first flame when he was about five years old. As he grew up, he learned about his responsibilities as a firebending noble, and his duty to the people that he would be responsible for. When Huo had turned 15, he joined the army following a time war and conscription, dedicated to serve his people and accept responsibility for his status as a noble. But after talking back to his general when he noted a battle plan had more needless sacrifices than advantages, Huojin was jailed for 'insubordination' and 'Excessive Honesty.' He became extremely disillusioned by war, following this.
In the prison, Huo met a few other people whom he started to bond with, despite them being from the Earth Kingdom. He made good friends with Tu Mu, a member of the White Lotus, a group aiming to try and bring some balance back to the world and stop the 100 year war. With Tu Mu's help, Huo ends up escaping with some of the others during a Solar Eclipse, and joins the White Lotus to help out during the last few days of the war. Peace would not last, however, as shortly after the White Lotus were attacked by Heartless, with Tu Mu ultimately being abducted. In his desperation to save his friend, Huo awakened to his Key and managed to destroy the Heartless. Tu Mu was ultimately still missing, however. Eventually, he was scouted by the Dark City Academy, telling him that if he wanted to save his friend, he must train his Key and eventually purify Tu Mu's heart when the time would come.
Gender: Female Nona Gorokhov
Key: Odin Kamen
Class: Fighter/Time Mage
Nona once resided in a world where 20-year-long wars and all they entail are fairly frequent, where battleships fly, and trench warfare is the dominant train of thought. A person with her abilities is a powerful tool that could be used for breaking stalemates that would otherwise last months. She joined the Land Marines at 16 for the training and food, as before that she was a mere waif who barely subsided. The Marines offered two chances: to better herself, and to eat on a regular basis. What she instead got was fame plus those two things. She made a name for herself after an operation where she spectacularly managed to rescue an eighth of an entire city's population under the noses of the pirates who held it hostage using nothing but her power: the ability to manipulate time - or rather, how others perceive it. The action proved to be the salvation of not just of the city, but of the entire rescue operation as the pirates tried everything short of going after their hostages to stop something they couldn't see.
The operation at Karahsk would be her first and last operation as a Land Marine, as it was during the operation she found her Key, Odin kamen, the "weird tank of Slovinium." It was soon after this that she was sent to the Academy, putting her powers to use against Heartless rather than an Empire.
- Applied Phlebotinum: Forms part of her Key to let her use her powers.
- Common Tongue: Played straight and averted. Most characters are assumed to speak English(called Common due to its near-omnipresence in the World). She's not from the English-speaking portion of her world.
- Funetik Aksent: She is the only member of the RP to have a distinct, written accent.
- Time Stands Still: Not yet, but she can create this illusion in other peoples' eyes. To herself, it appears as though time has temporarily stopped for anything which she is not either holding or carrying - this includes other people. Generally she can't do this for very long - no more than 15 to 30 seconds, and she most certainly cannot rewind either.
: Female Age
: 19 Race
: Dis(Goddess of Fate World
: Nine Realms (Valkyrie Profile
: The Myriad Ways Class
- Verdandi Valeth
Verdandi is the middle sister in a triplet, and is a granddaughter of the benenvolent dictator of Asgard, the necromancer-turned-allfather, Lezard Valeth. Due to this heritage of being heir to the realms of Asgard, and of growing up in Valhalla and Sessrumnir, she has grown up to be a superb spellcaster and fighter. She dislikes necromancy as a school of magic though, and has never used spells like that. As the middle child, she always felt a little overshadowed, and resolved to make herself stand out more. After piercing her heart and nailing herself to Yggdrasil for nine days, she was granted the usage of the 18 Runes. She discovered her key when reading through the Philosopher's Stone, a book on her world filled with all its knowledge. Her current goal in life is to defeat her elder sister Skuld in combat.
After coming to the Academy, Verdandi rose straight to the top. She is known to be good at leading a team effectively, and at solving Heartless problems. She is a harsh taskmaster, but her subordinates on missions have grown used to this, and many respect her for this very quality. She has been here now for two years, and plans to finish the four-year course in three.
: Female Age
: Unknown(looks to be in mid-teens) Race
: Goddess Second-Class, Special Duty Limited License(Valkyrie) World
: The Offices of Heaven and Earth (Ah! My Goddess
: Weight of Duty Class
Sigrun is a Valkyrie from a Heaven that acts more like a business district than a traditional overseeing role, though it does that as well. From the moment she signed up for her Special Duty License, she poured herself into the job, as much as she could, though she lamented being so far behind the rest of the Valkyries, even though she was a fresh recruit. One day, while at practice, there was a sudden attack by strange black creatures. At first, she and the other Valkyries were able to fight them off admirably enough, but they wouldn't stop. A larger one approached, and then came the Valkyrie most admired:Lind of the Binary Wings
. However, though she could hurt it, it refused to stay down. At that moment, Sigrun charged in, though even she wasn't sure why, and her weapon transformed into something much large and heavier to the point that she tripped and the sheer momentum carried her through the giant creature's body, though this destroyed it. Analysts at Heaven tried to make sense of her weapon, but to little avail. It was then that Academy scouts arrived to explain it to them, as well as the danger that remained in allowing Sigrun to stay there with her inexperience. In spite of her protests, she would be sent to the Dark City Academy to eliminate any possible threat to herself or others. Before she left, she was given an Angel Egg, the sign that she'd truly make use of her power as a Goddess when she was ready. She's been at the Academy for a year and a half now, and still does not think herself as such. She aspires to one day return as a defender of Heaven, and possibly impress Lind.
- An Axe to Grind: Her Key is a massive double-bladed axe that she can't wield properly yet, and as such she carries an ordinary axe on her back at all times to train herself to handle its weight.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Her specialty is in Earth Magic.
- Does Not Know Her Own Strength: She often uses said Earth Magic far beyond what she might mean to at the time because she's not completely focused on the effect she wants to give off.
- Naïve Newcomer: Of a sort. She's learning, but her training as a regimented, licensed Goddess shows through constantly.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair