Characters: Lego City Undercover
This page deals with characters from Lego City Undercover for the Wii U, and its Nintendo 3DS prequel, The Chase Begins.Needs Wiki Magic.
open/close all folders
A legend among the police officers of Lego City (at least in Honey's eyes).After being Reassigned to Antarctica because he revealed Natalia's anonymous witness identity to Rex Fury, he returns at the request of the Mayor due to Rex Fury's escape from prison. Chase will use and do anything in order to get close to the villain. Has a crush on Natalia.
- Awesome Mc Coolname
- Hair Color Dissonance: His early model in real life has light brown hair instead of pale gray.
- The Hero
- Improbable Weapon User: Some of the outfits he uses fall into this trope. While there are awesome ones like the space gun and his Matrix-styled moves, there's also the color gun and...a chicken that poops eggs.
- Job System: The eight outfits he has.
- Karma Houdini: Keep plowing through city property and running over civilians. Enjoy the Bloodless Carnage!
- Married to the Job: The reason why Natalia doesn't want to love him back.
- Master of Disguise
- Gameplay and Story Segregation: You can change to his Civilian outfit where he doesn't even wear anything to cover his identity, yet the mafia gangs can't tell the difference anyway.
- And That's Terrible: Considers destroying sand castles to be a very heinous crime.
A young and very inexperienced police officer who does way too many stupidities while working that leaves a lot to be desired. He's a complete utter fanboy for Chase and "assists" him in his missions.
- Ascended Fanboy: Gets to work with his idol Chase during missions, whether Honey ends up doing nothing or just goofing off.
- Attention Whore: During Ellie's introduction. A peppy Honey keeps getting in the way of the screen so she can look at him.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Oh so much. For example:He rebuilt my house when I destroyed my house when I was decorating my house.
- Distressed Dude: One time only because he's the son of a rich family, though he never makes the connection.
- The Ditz
- Drives Like Crazy
- Lethally Stupid: Frank Honey's general lack of intelligence tends to cause destruction. It doesn't set back Chase's investigation, but it does rack up lots of collateral damage.
- One of Us: Video games!
- Rich in Dollars, Poor in Sense: His family owns a prestigious hotel at Paradise Sands.
- Stalker with a Crush: Towards Ellie. Honey is basically a puppy around her.
Chief Marion Dunby
The current chief of police of Lego City, the former deputy during the prequel. He's a complete stubborn chief who dislikes Chase's guts, but Dunby is always under pressure from the mayor and Forrest Blackwell.
- Da Chief
- Donut Mess with a Cop
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Chief Dunby is a perpetually grumpy, glory-hogging jerk, but at the end of the day he's willing to admit when he's wrong and genuinely wants to make Lego City a safer place.
- Oh Crap!: Whenever Mayor Gleeson is around, he falls into this territory pretty quickly.
The Gadgeteer Genius of the Lego City's Police Department. She provides Chase with all the intel he needs to clear his missions.
- American Accents
- Canine Companion: She has one at home. Unfortunately, it's not an Evil-Detecting Dog because...he's allergic to criminals.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Plays this role with Honey, usually acting as a parental substitute for him. She occasionally compliments him on showing signs of learning from his many, many mistakes.
- Exposition Fairy
- Gadgeteer Genius
- Hot Scientist
Antagonists and Other Criminals
The Big Bad of The Chase Begins and Undercover until you find out in the latter that he works for Blackwell behind the scenes. He's an extremely dangerous criminal who starts a wave of crimes across the entire city.
- Big Bad
- The Dragon: He turns out to be Forrest Blackwell's Dragon.
- Dumb Muscle
- Super Strength: After clearing the game, all of his outfits can break yellow handles across all the levels and areas. Notable in that his outfits do have a gameplay mechanic unlike the other dozens of disguises out there
- Walking Shirtless Scene: He's always showing off his bod until he gets clothes on during the last levels.
One of the shady prisoners from Albatross Island who knows about Rex Fury's escape from prison. He's into Jail Bake to use goods, though his recipients often don't realize this until they eat the smuggled items.
- Lawyer-Friendly Cameo: Of a somewhat famous actor, in a prominent role.
I'm not Freeman. His lawyers might be listening.
- Jail Bake: His typical MO for smuggling goods into the prison, if the elderly guard's comments are anything to go by.
The leader of one of the two mafias of Lego City, his having a Yakuza theme going on. He owns a scrapyard and is known for evading the police quite frequently until Chase rescues Natalia from them.
- Bad Boss: Would fire a man for getting too familiar with him, though he does regret it, considering it was his father.
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- Large Ham: He is always talking calmly and composed, UNTIL SOME NINCOMPOOP FORCES HIM TO YELL BECAUSE OF THEIR STUPIDITY! YOU'RE FIRED! And when he doesn't have anybody to yell at, he goes out to the street to yell at people.
The leader of one of the two mafias of Lego City, his having a The Godfather theme going on. He owns a popular ice cream factory and an ice cream parlor, though he secretly has his own men steal important valuables for his secret buyers.
- Affably Evil
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: Brain-freezing his captors.
- Doting Parent: The first time he's introduced, we see him wearing a clown outfit because he was being one for his son's birthday.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: When you rescue him from the fridge, he falls into pieces and you must reassemble him like any other Lego built.
- Human Popsicle: He gets locked inside a freezer by Rex Fury's thugs, but luckily you rescue him from this.
- Karma Houdini: Despite Chan getting most likely imprisoned during Natalia's kidnapping, Vinnie avoids this altogether.
Moe De Luca
Vinnie's right-hand man who carries out most of the thefts across the city to obtain the valuables for the secret buyers.
- The Dragon: To Vinnie.
An intrepid reporter who was in love with Chase until he screwed her up by revealing her witness identity to Rex Fury. In Undercover, she dyed her hair blond to stay anonymous, yet she still gets in danger anyway.
- Action Girl: It only lasts her a few good minutes when Chase chases after her while she's disguised as a ninja.
- Damsel in Distress: As much as she hates to be this three times in a row.
- Disappeared Dad: She secretly searches for her missing dad in Undercover.
- Dye Hard: She was a brunette in The Chase Begins until she dyed it blond in Undercover to remain anonymous. It fails.
- Intrepid Reporter: During The Chase Begins until Chase clumsily reveals her anonymous witness status to the public.
- The Medic: Sadly, she's anything but an expert at her job judging the glimpses we get. In her introductory cutscene,while talking on the phone she shocks her first response partner with an EKG. Her idle animation has her using a large syringe as a gun and juggling said thing...until she lets it fall on her foot with the pointy end. She stares into space and shrugs it off while putting it away.
- Tsundere: Decidedly Tsun throughout the first half of the game, and only really shows her Deredere side in the latter half.
The mayor of Lego City in Undercover and former chief of the police department in The Chase Begins. She's the one who calls Chase to arrest Rex Fury.
A multi-billionaire who wished to construct an apartment block with a shopping mall in Bluebell Park until the discovery of a rare squirrel (most likely the same one Duke Huckleberry has in his post) denied him the chance. This little incident turned him into a very bitter person, resulting in him enlisting Rex Fury's help to start a wave of crimes across the city to fulfill his wish...and even more than that.
- Aristocrats Are Evil
- Bigger Bad
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: He's not 'Crazzyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!
- Devil in Plain Sight: Millionaire with a low British accent and a wicked laugh? He isn't exactly hiding his nature...
- Distressed Dude: He gets abducted at one point by kidnappers, and Chase has to save him.
- Escort Mission: At two points in Undercover, the player has to drive him from one location to another.
- Evil Laugh: His lasts for almost a whole good minute.
- The Man Behind the Man: Forrest Blackwell is this to Rex Fury.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness
- The Unfought: Despite being the Bigger Bad, the player never fights him. The closest he gets to facing Chase is when he appears in a small craft, but then a cow suddenly flies into him and knocks him away.
- Utopia Justifies the Means: What he's aiming to do after destroying Lego City for good.
- Walking Spoiler: Notice how many blanked entries he has compared to the other characters?