YMMV: Lego City Undercover
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The music that plays during the very final level. An orchestra and epic chorus are hardly what would be expected from a Lego game, but are perfectly fitting and awesome all the same. And what is the chorus chanting? "LEGO, LEGO, LEGO // CI- TY, CI- TY"
- Game Breaker: The stud multiplier Red Bricks are easy to find and make the Lego City Hero ratings a matter of getting one purple stud. Thankfully, a lot of red bricks cannot be found until the endgame, or after the story is over.
- One of the last upgrades, the jetpack, makes it possible to skip large sections of the main world's free runs.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: "Blue" the fill-in for Red from Shawshank Redemption was asked if he was "Free, man" To which "Blue" denies... Morgan Freeman as a LEGO minifigure, eh?
- Moral Event Horizon: Forest Blackwell deciding to launch his rocket, which would have certainly killed many people had Chase not put up a forcefield around the exhaust fumes.
- Nightmare Fuel: Forrest Blackwell's Evil Laugh during his video-screen meeting with Rex. It just keeps going on and on...
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: This game is often treated as a Spiritual Successor to the LEGO Island series. On top of that, it's a "cops & robbers" game. This was a perfect opportunity to include some classic LEGO Island characters, especially the Brickster... and they somehow missed it!
- What Do You Mean, It's for Kids?: Sure, it's a kinda Lighter and Softer Grand Theft Auto, but the humor is hard for kids to understand, you can steal cars, food, boats etc. Enemy astronauts's jetpacks explode making them return in pieces. Also many Shout Outs to adult movies. It's safe to say that this isn't a good game to build a child's morale, but to kids over 14 is it really awesome since they know the difference between right and wrong. And this is to say nothing of the fact that the player character is a police officer—not even an Anti-Hero type—who is allowed to cause all manner of collateral damage with no repercussions.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: During the final level the scenery that Chase passes while skydiving to earth is nothing short of mindblowing.