- Fan-Preferred Couple: Partly due to Values Dissonance, but current audiences vastly prefer Michell over Armando as Betty's Love Interest, since he treats her kindly from the start and most consider what Armando did (lying to her about being in love and using her, even if he ended up Becoming the Mask) to be unforgivable and toxic.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Hollywood Homely: Betty's actress is a very beautiful woman◊ in Real Life. However, the producers and makeup artists went to great lengths to characterize her as Betty, including hiring a specialist in colour to choose all the colours which were most unflattering to the actress. The "Ugly Squad" also has this; it was lampshaded when Betty, after meeting them, and learning their collective nickname, asks why Aura María, arguably as beautiful as the models who work for Eco Moda, is included in the group (her supposed sin is that she is a very short woman who wears clothes too slutty for an office).
- Ho Yay: Between Armando and Mario, so much that Betty, overhearing their phone talk, thinks Armando is talking to a lover. Lampshaded by Armando, who even tells Mario that if they keep being so close to each other, people will start to think that they are a pair of Hugos (Hugo Lombardi is the company's Camp Gay designer).
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot:
- Betty could get more special by not becoming one of the women under the womanizer's spell even if she appreciated him as a Benevolent Boss. That would emphasize her intelligence more, and make her effect on Armando more believable as an I Love You Because I Can't Control You than loving her because she was especially vulnerable and devoted to him. Ironically, the US version of the show, Ugly Betty would go down this road from day one, with the added twist that Betty refuses to take her boss's shit or listen to his excuses when he tries to avoid doing the right thing
- Marcela is, informedly, a strong woman, which in theory would give some interesting exchanges with Armando, as he constantly cheats on her. Instead, she condones being constantly cheated on like an Extreme Doormat.
YMMV / Yo soy Betty, la fea