Samuel "Sam" Larry Anoa'i Fatu (born October 11, 1965) is a Samoan-American retired Professional Wrestler known for his work in the 1980s as The Tonga Kid, Islander Tama or The Samoan Savage. He debuted in 1983 after being trained by The Wild Samoans and wrestled for WWE, WCW, the American Wrestling Association, Pro Wrestling ZERO1 and numerous other promotions.
Among his in-ring achievements, he is a former 3x NWA Southeastern Tag Team Champion with Johnny Rich as the R.A.T. Patrol, a former WWC (Puerto Rico) World Tag Team Champion as Tama with Dan Kroffat (better known as Phil LaFon) and a former UWA (Mexico) World Trios Champion as The Samoan Savage with Fatu [Rikishi] and Kokina [Yokozuna] as The Hawaiian Beasts.
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
"The Tonga Tropes":
- Arch-Enemy: (as a face): Roddy Piper; (as a heel) The British Bulldogs.
- As Himself: In the wrestling match at the beginning of Highlander.
- FaceHeel Turn: During The Islanders' match with The Can-Am Connection (Rick Martel and Tom Zenk) on the May 30 (taped May 12), 1987 WWF Superstars.
- Power Stable: The Heenan Family
- Tag Team:
- (in WWE): The Islanders, with Haku
- (in WCW): The New Wild Samoans, with Fatu (Rikishi)
- (in SWS in Japan): The Great Samoans
- (in Mexico): The Samoan Swat Team, with Samu
- Wild Samoan: You have to ask?
- Wrestling Family: Brother to Rikishi and the late Umaga, father to Jacob Fatu, uncle to The Usos, cousin to Yokozuna, Samu, Rosey, Roman Reigns, etc.