Born Masaru Tobita in 1970, Survival Tobita is a Japanese Professional Wrestler and promoter best known for his work in his Saitama Pro Wrestling Company and his feud with Mokujin Ken, or Ken the Box, a character based on Mokujin from the Tekken series. SPWC was primarily a one-man show, with Tobita facing off against different monsters, some of them played by Naoshi Sano. He started as a Jobber for Super World Sports and would compete for FMW, Michinoku Pro Wrestling, Dramatic Dream Team and other promotions. He is a 3x DDT Iron Man Heavymetalweight Champion as Jigoku Soldier. SPWC is considered a standard bearer for "Japanese indy sleaze."
"ATTACK ALL TROPES!":
- Arch-Enemy: Ken the Box, the one monster he could never defeat. This is because Ken is played by a guy in a cardboard box and has limited mobility. In fact, he can only throw punches. It also meant that he couldn't be knocked down.
- Badass Boast: See the page picture.
- Education Mama: One of the monsters in the promotion, whose gimmick was that he would force Tobita to read a book during the match.
- Finishing Move: Piledriver
- He Who Fights Monsters: Averted, due to his staying a face and to the silliness of some of the monsters.
- I Have Many Names: Survival Tobita, Jigoku Soldier, Doku Gas Mask
- I Was Beaten by a Girl: Miyako Matsumoto defeated him at Ice Ribbon New Aisuhiro #493 - Muscle Venus 5th Anniversary, August 25, 2013.
- I Work Alone: While he has been in tag matches in other promotions, he's known primarily as a singles wrestler.
- Improbable Weapon User: Threw rice at Ogre.
- Kaiju: Several.
- Legacy Character: CHIKARA (which has featured Ken the Box) and Kaiju Big Battel have been compared to SPWC.
- Our Ogres Are Hungrier: Ogre.
- Rule of Cool/Rule of Funny: The order of the day.