Arthur "Afa" Anoaʻi and Leati Sika Anoa'i Amituana'i are a former Professional Wrestling Tag Team as The Wild Samoans. They started in the old San Francisco territory and worked all over the world, achieving their greatest fame in WWE. Among their in-ring achievements, they are former 3x WWE World Tag Team Champions, 2x Stampede International Tag Team Champions, 2x NWA (Detroit) World Tag Team Champions (as The Islanders), 3x Mid-South Tag Team Champions, and they were inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2007.
The Wild Samoans are the Trope Namers for:
"Wild Samoan Tropes":
- Action Survivor: Afa became the manager of The Headshrinkers.
- Afro Asskickers: They were tough guys with huge hair.
- Cool Teacher: Well, who do you think started the Wild Samoan training center? Along with their various family members, their students have included Billy Kidman, Kanyon, Bam Bam Bigelow, Paul Heyman, Sherri Martel, Virgil, Batista, and MANY more.
- Does Not Like Shoes: They wrestled barefoot.
- Finishing Move: The Samoan Drop (Fallaway Slam with opponent in fireman's carry), which they innovated.
- Hard Head: The pioneers of this gimmick.
- Heel: The prototype of the Polynesian heel.
- Power Stable: They were among the MANY wrestlers in General Skandor Akbar's Devastation Inc. in Mid-South.
- So Proud of You: Sika is very proud of his son Roman Reigns, and was visibly overjoyed when Roman was crowned The Tribal Chief.
- The Voiceless: Their managers had to do all the talking for them since they weren't supposed to be able to speak English. Their dedication to this gimmick got them and Hulk Hogan in a little trouble in real life as they were all pulled over by the police while riding together and Afa and Sika refused to break kayfabe by explaining the situation to the officer, leading to them and Hogan spending a night in the cells.
- Wrestling Family: Probably the greatest example in all of pro wrestling with the possible exception of the Harts. The Anoa'i side alone includes Samu, Rosey, Roman Reigns, L.A. Smooth, Lance Anoa'i, Yokozuna and Gary Albright (by marriage to Afa's daughter Monica). The Fatu side has Rikishi, Umaga, The Tonga Kid, The Usos, Jacob Fatu, Sefa Fatu, and Naomi (by marriage to Jimmy Uso). High Chief Peter Maivia and the father of Jimmy Snuka's second wife were both Blood Brother to Afa and Sika's father, leading to Superfly, Rocky Johnson, and The Rock all being included. Nia Jax is The Rock's cousin. Tamina and Deuce/Sim Snuka are two of Jimmy's four kids by his second wife. The Rock's daughter Simone has started training at the WWE Performance Center. Even Meng is counted as a close associate to the Samoan Dynasty, which in turn brings in his sons, the Guerrillas of Destiny. It doesn't end.