Marcus Alexander Bagwell (born January 10, 1970) is an American Professional Wrestler from Marietta, Georgia who is best known for his work in WCW from 1991-2001. Debuting in 1990 and working for the Texas-based Global Wrestling Federation (GWF) promotion in 1991, Bagwell joined WCW in November of that year. During his early years, he served as a prolific tag team specialist, forming alliances with 2 Cold Scorpio, The Patriot (as Stars and Stripes), and Scotty Riggs (as the American Males) with each earning him 4 WCW Tag Team Championship victories (two with the Patriot).
In 1996, he would join the New World Order as Buff Bagwell and form the tag team, Vicious and Delicious with Scott Norton. As the nWo's influence would spread to New Japan Pro-Wrestling, nWo Japan was formed that December with them joining them a month later. After the team returned from Japan to WCW, Bagwell became a mid-card player in the company feuding with Lex Luger before suffering a frightening neck injury in April of 1998 that kept him out of action until October of that year. Even during that time, he managed to tricks Rick Steiner into a trap along with fellow nWo and Ricks brother Scott Steiner.
During the same period he tried his hand at acting, appearing in two different Andy Sidaris movies.
In 1999, Bagwell peaked in the group as part of the nWo Elite before getting kicked out in March after accidentally costing Scott Steiner his match in WCW Uncensored. In the final years of WCW, Bagwell won tag gold once more with Shane Douglas as part of the New Blood stable, had to worry about the safety of his mother, Judy, when he wasnt feuding with her, and aligned himself with Luger to for Totally Buff.
When WWE bought out WCW in 2001, he was one of the wrestlers that took part in the In Vasion only to be let go by WWE months later in a complicated set of circumstances. Afterwards, Bagwell made sporadic appearances TNA and has done primary independent wrestling shows since.
- Alliterative Name: Dawned his Buff moniker after joining the nWo.
- Badass Beard: Grew one in the late '90s coinciding with arguably the most successful period of his career.
- Catchphrase: "I'm Buff and I'm the stuff!"
- Chippendales Dancers: The American Males' image.
- Cool Hat: The awesome top hat with his face on it.
- Cool Shades: As an American Male then in the nWo and his later singles run
- The Fighting Narcissist: His catchphrases and poses as Buff are a dead givaway, but also his American Males run with Riggs.
- Gorgeous George: After a fashion.
- HeelFace Revolving Door: After he left the nWo he turned a lot.
- High Class Call Guy: He's now a gigolo...no, seriously.
- Momma's Boy: His mother, Judy often got involved in his angles.
- Mugging the Monster: Sure, he had muscles, but he was not going to win any posing contests against LEX LUGER or SCOTT STEINER.
- Painted-On Pants: His tights had several airbrushed designs.
- Small Name, Big Ego: "I'm simply delicious"