Clockwise: Pumpkin, Pablo, and Poppy.
Pablo the Little Red Fox is a series of short, five minute cartoon produced by Millimages. They focus on the titular Pablo and his siblings Poppy and Pumpkin, along with their parents Red and Rose, and their friends Finbar the cat, Fromage the Frog, and Helena the Hedgehog. It originally aired from early to late 1999, and won a BAFTA in 2000.
Pablo The Little Red Fox provides examples of the following tropes:
- Adapted Out: Florence, Boris, and Albert, three of Pablo's siblings in the book.
- Aerith and Bob: We get normal names like Poppy, Rose, and Helena, mixed with some somewhat rare names like Finbar, Baxter, Red, and (given the setting of what appears to be a French or British city) Pablo, and straight up weird names like Fromage, Pumpkin, and Madame Owl.
- Alliterative Family: Pablo, Pumpkin, and Poppy are all siblings, and Rose and Red are their parents.
- Always Night: Except for one episode, An Aesop about not getting any sleep, every episode took place during the night.
- Animated Adaptation: Based on a series of picture books.
- Bank Holidays: The episode "A New Home for Helena" takes place on Bonfire Night, which looks very pretty.
- Big Damn Heroes: Pablo saves Fromage from the storm.
- Birthday Episode: "Twelve Happy Moons", in which Pablo, Poppy, and Pumpkin visit every character and location previously featured on the show looking for their parents before receiving a Surprise Party.
- Cats Are Mean: Averted, Finbar is a friend of Pablo and a quasi-mentor.
- Cats Hate Water: Finbar certainly does.
- Creator Cameo: The little girl who lives in the house near Pablo's tree is named Hannah, presumably named after the book's author Hannah Giffard.
- Cunning Like a Fox: Averted, Pablo and his family are the well-meaning and innocent heroes.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Pablo is the Spanish form of Paul, which means "Humble" or "little". His name translates directly as "Little the little red fox"... although he's still twice the size of Pumpkin.
- Everybody Laughs Ending: Used on occasion, although it's subverted in the Drain Monster episode, when the last shot of the episode is Pablo's terrified reaction to laughter coming from the drain. Rather than scream or run away, he simply stops laughing and slowly walks away, as if he's simply going to pretend he didn't hear anything.
- The Faceless: All of the humans in the show.
- Failed a Spot Check: Pablo says he's looking for Helena... to Helena herself.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: When Poppy, Pablo, and Pumpkin all make a wish, they end up coming true, if through mundane means.
- Never Trust a Trailer: Or intro theme, at least. It informs us that Pablo runs in the sun; however, most of the show takes place at night.
- Younger Than They Look: Pumpkin, Poppy, and Pablo are not only all triplets (despite Pumpkin looking noticeably younger), they're also only a year old.