Pacific Heat is an animated series airing on Netflix, created by and starring Santo Cilauro and Tom Gleisner.
On the Gold Coast of Australia, Federal Agent Todd Sommerville and his team fight to protect their country from terrorism. Unfortunately, they are all horrifically incompetent, and thus constantly face the threat of being shut down.
This series contains examples of:
- Abhorrent Admirer: In the first episode, the team goes undercover at a strip club, where Todd and Zac get hit on by a pair of older strippers.
- Asian Speekee Engrish: With the exception of Kwong, pretty much every Asian character speaks with a stereotypically heavy accent.
- As Long as It Sounds Foreign: In the first episode, the Chinese smugglers are bringing in crystal meth aboard a ship called the S.S. Okamaru. Okamaru is Japanese, not Chinese.
- The show repeatedly uses fake Asian- or Russian-sounding gibberish whenever they need Asian or Russian characters to speak their native language.
- Belly Dancer: In "The Face of Terror", Maddie and V.J. are told about Todd and Zac's secret identities being compromised by Yemenite terrorists. Before they get found out for sure, Maddie and V.J. decide to disguise themselves as dancers in an attempt to get closer to Todd and Zac and warn them of their situation.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: There is a running gag that foreign characters will speak their native language in order to avoid being understood by Zac and his team, only to discover that the other characters are reading the subtitles and thus know what they are saying.
- Da Chief: The Pacific Heat team answers to a boss who has promised to protect them from red tape as long as they promise to try and minimize the property damage.
- The Ditz: VJ is such an airhead that she nearly gets killed during the covert ops mission because she forgot to pack her parachute.
- Forgotten Fallen Friend: In the first episode, Maddie befriends Angie, a stripper at the Lucky Moon club. When Angie is killed for knowing too much, Maddie insists that everyone remember her and gets annoyed that none of her fellow agents even bothered to learn her name. After that episode, Angie is never mentioned again.
- Limited Animation: The characters are heavily stylized and have very limited movements.
- Ms. Fanservice: It's a repeated gag that the female members of the team can be very easily talked into stripping down.Riggs: "We’re sick of going on assignments in our underwear."
- Only Sane Man: Kwong is the only person on the team who actually knows what she's doing. On the field team, Maddie is the only one who isn't a complete moron.
- Psycho Lesbian: In "The Science of Death", the Dortmire Twins are repeatedly described as psycho lesbians.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: Todd and his team would probably like to think of themselves as this, but the reality is that they just plain suck at their jobs.
- Running Gag: Most episodes end with Da Chief congratulating the team for putting a dangerous criminal safely behind bars, only for a Smash Cut to reveal that said prisoner is well on his way to escaping.