The film, co-written by the man also known for Escape from Planet Earth and The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature, also features the vocal talents of Heidi Klum as Swifty's love interest Jade, as well as Bertha, Alec Baldwin as Swifty's best friend PB, James Franco as Lemmy the Albatross, John Cleese as the villainous Otto Van Walrus, Omar Sy as Leopold, Michael Madsen as Duke and Laurie Holden as Dakota.
Arctic Dogs provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Jade.
- Adorable Evil Minions: Otto Van Walrus' minions are Puffins, who, while competent, are seen as simply adorable by everyone else.
- Ascended Fanboy: Swifty is one, from his admiration of the delivery crew as a child to his adult years when he gets to be one.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: Swifty's the little guy and PB is the big guy.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Lemmy, but it's a given seeing as he's voiced by James Franco.
- Five-Man Band
- Glorious Mother Russia: Magda is a proud Russian.
- I Am Very British: Cleese wastes no time in making his villain speak with a high-class accent. This is Lampshaded by Swifty.
- Just for Pun:
- Swifty's "Snowbody's perfect." Jade is unimpressed.
- Van Walrus, following his evil plan being carried out: "...in for a floody good time!"
- La Résistance: Bertha and Leopold call themselves this.
- Nice Girl: Jade.
- Secret Handshake: The conspiracy theory otters' initiation/greeting is a punch in the face.
- So Okay, It's Average: In-Universe. Swifty's last several performance reviews have all used flowery language to indicate that his work has been perfectly adequate.
- Suddenly Speaking: Having spent most of the film only making chittering sounds, the head Puffin speaks following Van Walrus' downfall.
- Talking Animal
- Title Drop: At one point, Swifty says "Let's deliver some arctic justice!" In some international territories, the film carries this title.