Heather Laurie Holden (born December 17, 1969) is an American-Canadian actress, producer, and human rights activist. She is perhaps best known for her roles as Marita Covarrubias in The X-Files, Adele Stanton on The Majestic, Cybil Bennett in Silent Hill, Amanda Dumfries in The Mist, Olivia Murray in The Shield, and Andrea in The Walking Dead.
- The Majestic (2001) as Adele Stanton
- Fantastic Four (2005) as Debbie McIlvane
- Silent Hill (2006) as Cybil Bennett
- The Mist (2007) as Amanda Dumfries
- Dumb and Dumber To (2014) as Adele Pinchelow
- Dragged Across Concrete (2019) as Melanie Ridgeman
- The Martian Chronicles (1980) as Marie Wilder
- Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future (1988) as Erin
- Father Dowling Mysteries (1991) as Joyce Morrison/Judith Carswell
- Due South (1995) as Jill Kennedy
- Highlander: The Series (1995-1996) as Debra Campbell
- Murder, She Wrote (1996) as Sherri Sampson
- Two (1996) as Madeline Reynolds
- The X-Files (1996-2000, 2002) as Marita Covarrubias
- The Magnificent Seven (1998-2000) as Mary Travis
- The Outer Limits (2000) as Susan McLaren
- The Shield (2008) as Olivia Murray
- The Walking Dead (2010-2013) as Andrea
- Major Crimes (2014-2015) as Ann McGinnis
- Chicago Fire (2014) as Dr. Hannah Tramble
- The Americans (2017-2018) as Renee
- Proven Innocent (2019) as Greta Bellows
Tropes associated with her roles
- Action Girl: Practically most of her known roles.
- Chronically Killed Actor: Cybil, Amanda and Andrea (who vastly outlived the adaptation in the source material). Also noting that Marita suffers a Fate Worse than Death.
- Ms. Fanservice: Her characters tend to show a lot of skin.
- Production Posse: She usually always works with Frank Darabont.
- Those Two Actors: As part of Darabont's Production Posse above, she worked with Jeffrey DeMunn and Melissa McBride on a few movies. Outside of the group, she worked twice with both Jim Carrey (as his Love Interest in The Majestic and as the Big Bad of Dumb and Dumber To) and Michael Chiklis (as his estranged wife in Fantastic Four (2005) and her having a recurring role in The Shield where he's the main lead) on different occasions.
- Typecasting: She's almost always a woman fighting the "supernatural", which she lampshaded in Twitter. She's also usually always a Government worker, particularly a Fair Cop (effective or not).
- What Could Have Been: She was supposed to be the main lead of Chicago Med (with her character already making an Early-Bird Cameo in Chicago Fire), but dropped out because of "family reasons".