A Slice Of Life Webcomic about the life of a girl who constantly butts heads with her excessively Japan-obsessed father as he opens an Anime inspired high school for her to attend. The comic is drawn by Ronnie Filyaw, Creator of Whomp!
Otaku Dad provides examples of:
- Author Avatar: Ronnie Filyaw appears as Filway-San the Japanese language teacher.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Ash is nice, friendly, and quiet. He's the perfect tenant and the best guy you'll ever meet. However, he's also a brutal fighter capable of not only mentally torturing his opponents, but also ripping open a punching bag with one punch.Hana: [thinking] Am I stronger than a punching bag? Maybe.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Despite being immature and obsessed with Anime it's revealed that Jack manages to turn a profit running the school.
- Gender-Blender Name: Ashley and his father Kelly.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Unsurprisingly, Jack is fond of using this, including giving all of the students Japanese names. He eventually grows out of it by the end.
- In-Series Nickname:
- Ashley is dubbed Ash by Hana, so he would stop feeling bad about his name.
- Ashley is also called Satoshi by Jack and Ronnie.
- Like Father, Unlike Son: Jack is this to his father. While his father is a down to earth businessman jack is an Anime obsessed man-child with eccentric habits.
- Minor Living Alone: Deliberately invoked for Hana due to her fathers belief that the Heroine always lives alone. Somewhat subverted as her father lives in the apartment next door.
- Missing Mom: Hana's mother is never mentioned until the end, where it's revealed that she split up with Jack, only to later leave their daughter with him.