You play as Wilton, who is celebrating his 16th birthday with his father, when the latter gets "dad-napped", forcing you to go on adventure to rescue him.
The Adventure Pals provides examples of:
- Advancing Boss of Doom: The Veggiesaurus. You can only out run it before it is eaten alive by an NPC at the end of the level.
- Big Boo's Haunt: Shady Willows, one of the levels in Treevale, takes place in a cemetery.
- Chain Lightning: Lightning Damage, one of the enchantments from a red chest, attacks nearby foes in addition to the one who's under attack.
- Damage Over Time: Characters can be inflicted with Poison or Fire that causes them to take small damage every few seconds.
- Damn You, Muscle Memory!: On a controller hitting B is almost always "close the current menu". However, in this game pressing B while you have your inventory open instead uses the currently selected item, resulting in plenty of wasted bombs and potions.
- Dangerous 16th Birthday: You are under attack when you start celebrating your 16th birthday.
- The Dog Was the Mastermind: The villain was being mind-controlled by the evil but innocent-looking goldfish with him.
- Goomba Stomp: Some enemies can be defeated by jumping on them.
- Green Hill Zone: Treevale, the world you start in, takes place on greenery plains.
- Palmtree Panic: Port O' Potty, the second world Wilton travels to, takes place on the beach.
- Shout-Out: The last page of the sticker book contains characters from other games, including:
- Space Base: The villain's operative base is found on the moon.
- Space Whale: Once you've reached Lunacropolis, you can go to Missy Moops to travel to other worlds.
- Space Zone: Lunacropolis, the last world, takes place on the moon.
- Spell Blade: Red chests enchants your sword with various powers.
- Turtle Power: Turtle Damage, one of the enchantments from a red chest that releases a rabid turtle that attacks everything in its path before exploding.
- Under the Sea: Crablantis, the forth world Wilton travels to, takes place underwater.