Wacky Funsters: The Geekwad's Guide To Gaming is a video game released on the MS DOS in 1992, developed and published by Tsunami Media.In it, you play as Geekwad, a Hollywood Nerd who was watching the credits on his computer, but then he gets sucked up into the computer. There's a "Software Theft Protection" which the player must try to answer... emphasis on try because they have no sense.
After that, he meets king Wacky III, who tells him that he's the king of his kingdom, but the Duke of Waynington has cursed King Wacky and his kingdom. Geekwad has to save him by playing the minigames.
There's five different minigames:
- Ping: A minigame similar to Pong.
- Rambi And Blambo: A gallery shooting, in which you shoot animals (If playing as Blambo) or tourists and hunters (If playing as Rambi).
- Big Guys With Muscles: A minigame similar to Street Fighter.
- Road Kill: A minigame similar to Hard Drivin'.
- Steroids: A minigame similar to Asteroids.
A sequel was released a year later by the same people, called The Geekwad: Games Of The Galaxy, in which a different villain called Cybergeek kidnaps king Wacky. In order to save him, Geekwad must beat Cybergeek's highscores in five new minigames, which gives him the password that may save the king.
There's five new minigames:
- Beefender: A minigame similar to Defender.
- Earth Last!: A mostly original minigame in which you try to catch objects aliens are dropping into a bag, in order to protect the ozone layer.
- Grogger: A minigame similar to Frogger.
- Phlegmings: Despite the name, this minigame doesn't have a lot of resemblance to Lemmings. It's closer to Joust.
- Spaced Solicitors: A minigame similar to Space Invaders.
Tropes appearing in Wacky Funsters! A Geekwad's Guide To Gaming
- Big Bad: The duke of Waynington.
- Copy Protection: Parodied with the Software Theft Protection, which asks nonsensical or insanely hard questions.
- Driving Game: Road Kill.
- Eyes Always Shut: The commentator in Ping.
- Fighting Game: Big Guys With Muscles.
- Final-Exam Boss: The king's questions are about the details of the game itself, and some of them are about very hard to notice/remember stuff. (Like: Which item is NOT in Geekwad's bedroom?)
- Gasshole: One of Bud's attacks in Big Guys With Muscles is a burp.
- Hollywood Nerd: Geekwad.
- Minigame Game: The game is mostly playing five minigames.
- Pop Quiz: All kings ask questions that you're supposed to answer correctly.
- Pun: The agony of de feet.
- Riddle of the Sphinx: Cheez King asks it, word for word.
- Sumo Wrestling: The first opponent in Ping, Tsunami Tso Tsume.
- Warm-Up Boss: Tsunami Tso Tsume in Ping, and Bud Mooner in Big Guys With Muscles.
Tropes appearing in The Geekwad: Games Of The Galaxy:
- Big Bad: Cybergeek.
- Darker and Edgier: Downplayed, since the game is still humor focused, but Cybergeek is a rather present villain compared to the duke, and there are actually ways to get a bad ending in which the ship blows up.
- Evil Counterpart: Cybergeek to Geekwad.
- Minigame Game: Just like before, there's five minigames.
- Multiple Endings: There's three endings. Either You type the word CHEAT, which annoys Cybergeek, and he blows up the whole ship, You put in the password, click on things in the wrong order, which also makes the ship explode or You put in the password, click things in the following order: Red wire, Cybergeek head, yellow wire, hamster wheel, duct tape. That turns off the bomb, Cybergeek gets banished to the dark side of the hard drive, king Wacky goes on vacation, and Geekwad replaces his role. Note that the codes aren't completely random, there's 17 predefined codes, so getting only two letters may be enough.
- No Fair Cheating: If you input CHEAT as a password, Cybergeek gets furious and makes the ship explode.
- Pop Quiz: Just like before, though done slightly differently. The crew members ask questions, and if you answer them correctly, you get hints on the order of how to defuse the bomb. Unlike the previous game, it's optional... if you know the order of things you have to click on.
- Strange-Syntax Speaker: Yurtle, being a parody of Yoda. He even says "Backwards talk I".
- The Unpronouncable: The alien in charge of the Earth Last! minigame name is... Flglmyyysphtsx.