Fernz Gate is an Eastern RPG Mobile Phone Game released in 2016 created by Kemco as part of its line of mobile titles and developed by the EXE-Create team. Along with its mobile platforms, it is also available on the Playstation 4, Playstation Vita, and Nintendo Switch.
The world of Fernland is a unique place within the universe as it is a convergence point where people from many different worlds gather at different times to experience the peace and harmony Fernland has to offer before being sent home by the Goddess. However, when a young man named Alex arrives, he learns that the peace has been disrupted by the advent of an Overlord who seeks to gather mana from the Otherworlders in order to create the world anew in his image. Alex must decide if he is willing to join the Resistance against the Overlord or
This game provides examples of:
- Afro Asskicker: Kodan. His afro is easily big enough for Vibachi to take residence inside it, but he's the best melee fighter in the game.
- Berserk Button: The best way to incur the wrath of Maidame Curie is to tell her her current form is only a child.
- Big Good: The Goddess, although her possibilities are severely limited due to Clangorrah leeching most of the world's mana.
- Bonus Boss: A Level-999 Maidame Curie.
- Call a Rabbit a "Smeerp": According to Alex and Lita, Vibachi is a ferret, but everyone uses the Kodan's name for her species: leptafuro.
- The Chew Toy: Jolie Curie can't appear in a scene without getting beaten up in some way, even during the end credits!
- Dead All Along: Everyone sent to Fernland from an outside world, as they died with regrets weighing them down.
- Death Seeker: Lita reveals she was one before arriving in Fernland.
- Devour the Dragon: before the final battle on the True Ending path, Clangorrah absorbed the mana of all his henchmen, together with their souls.
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: Belthazar has a third eye on his forehead, which gives him clairvoyance. It's unclear whether other people from his world have such extra eyes.
- Freudian Excuse: The True Ending path reveals that Clangorrah had a very rotten, miserable life of nothing but betrayal and he doesn't deserve to be rendered Deader Than Dead.
- Ill Girl: Lita before being sent to Fernland.
- Irony: After arriving in Fernland, Lita talks about how she's never felt more alive compared to when living in her original world with the irony being she's already dead.
- God Was My Copilot: animas were made by Goddess, serve as her eyes and ears, and she can manifest herself through them. When the time comes, she manifests through Marle.
- Green-Eyed Monster: A non-romantic case. Stiletto is very jealous of anybody drawing his lord's attention, and might even go against said lord's wishes in order to eliminate the competition.
- Mythology Gag: One of the Secret Arena battles is against four different incarnations of Jolie Curie at the same time with one being the one from this game and the rest from previous EXE-Create titles.
- Multiple Endings: A Normal Ending and a True Ending, with the True Ending itself split based on three choices:
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Although not related to the main plot, one ending does reveal Toril as royalty.
- Save the Villain: The goal of the True Ending path to give Clangorrah a chance at redemption.
- Taking the Bullet: Before Alex arrived in Fernland, he saved a little girl from being stabbed but got killed instead.