Fernz Gate is an Eastern RPG Mobile Phone Game released in 2016 created by Kemco as part of its line of mobile titles and developed by the EXE-Create team. Along with its mobile platforms, it is also available on the Playstation 4, Playstation Vita, and Nintendo Switch.
The world of Fernland is a unique place within the universe as it is a convergence point where people from many different worlds gather at different times to experience the peace and harmony Fernland has to offer before being sent home by the Goddess. However, when a young man named Alex arrives, he learns that the peace has been disrupted by the advent of an Overlord who seeks to gather mana from the Otherworlders in order to create the world anew in his image. Alex must decide if he is willing to join the Resistance against the Overlord or
This game provides examples of:
- Afro Asskicker: Kodan. His afro is easily big enough for Vibachi to take residence inside it, but he's the best melee fighter in the game.
- Berserk Button: The best way to incur the wrath of Maidame Curie is to tell her her current form is only a child.
- Bonus Boss: A Level-999 Maidame Curie.
- The Chew Toy: Jodie Curie can't appear in a scene without getting beaten up in some way, even during the end credits!
- Dead All Along: Everyone sent to Fernland from an outside world, as they died with regrets weighing them down.
- Death Seeker: Lita reveals she was one before arriving in Fernland.
- Freudian Excuse: The True Ending path reveals that Clangorrah had a very rotten, miserable life of nothing but betrayal and he doesn't deserve to be rendered Deader Than Dead.
- Ill Girl: Lita before being sent to Fernland.
- Irony: After arriving in Fernland, Lita talks about how she's never felt more alive compared to when living in her original world with the irony being she's already dead.
- Mythology Gag: One of the Secret Arena battles is against four different incarnations of Jolie Curie at the same time with one being the one from this game and the rest from previous EXE-Create titles.
- Multiple Endings: A Normal Ending and a True Ending, with the True Ending itself split based on three choices:
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Although not related to the main plot, one ending does reveal Toril as royalty.
- Save the Villain: The goal of the True Ending path to give Clangorrah a chance at redemption.
- Taking the Bullet: Before Alex arrived in Fernland, he saved a little girl from being stabbed but got killed instead.