Avatar: The Last Airbender The Burning Earth is a video game based off the Nickelodeon cartoon Avatar: The Last Airbender. It was released OctoberNovember 2007 for Playstation 2, Wii, Nintendo DS, Game Boy Advance, and Xbox 360.
The Burning Earth is loosely based on Book Two of the cartoon.
This video game provides examples of:
- Conspicuously Selective Perception: There are levels which require the characters to hide inside barrels and sneak into enemy locations. Guards will instantly notice if a barrel moves in their line of sight, but will completely ignore barrels which move behind their back. The worst offense is when you follow a guard — if you stop before he turns around, the guard will think nothing of the fact that the barrel which used to be on the other side of field is now right in front of him — even going so far as to walk around the barrel to get back on his appointed path!
- Effortless Achievement: The Xbox 360 version is best known for probably quickest 1000 achievement points in any game: there's only 5 achievements total, all of which involve performing sufficiently high combos, and you can get all of them in the first or second fight by spamming your ranged attack on the enemies without getting hit.
- Mini-Game: There are several mini-games, some mandatory, some optional.
- Spared by the Adaptation: It's said that "the Earth King has healers that can help Jet" after he's injured at Lake Laogai and he's thus taken to be healed offscreen rather than just expiring on the spot like in the show.
- Super Drowning Skills: Anyone can drown, even Katara and Aang who can control water.